V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rivera Taperlite pushrods question?

Has anyone used Rivera's Taperlite pushrods in a EVO motor, are these any good, any known problems with them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They are terrific- these are the only adjustable I would recommend- have them on 2 of my bikes now and have another set ordered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rivera taperlites

Why are these the only adjustable pushrods you would use, there are lots of other manufactures with the same 4130 chrome moly easy install pushrods. What cam you running lift? duration?

·
Registered
121 Posts
These are the only "tapered"- was told that their taper is patented- rods out there- like them because they do not interfere with the push rod tubes, and if you change to a high lift cam there's no interference.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rivera Taperlite pushrods

Interesting, I was told that the tapper design increased the strength of the rod, and I think there is another company making that style, might be V-Thunder. What kind of cam are you using with them , lift? duration?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Strick9 said:
they do not interfere with the push rod tubes, and if you change to a high lift cam there's no interference.
Rivera makes a good product, But I only have experience with thier clutches. I am running Crane Timesaver pushrods and I have no clearance issues with the tubes

·
Registered
396 Posts
Re: Rivera taperlites

roadhog said:
The reason I'm asking is I stumbled on to this old post and it is totally the opposite from everything I have heard about them, I e-mailed the author and he confirmed the problem.
http://www.99main.com/~allen-1/Quotes/pup1.txt
I'm not familar with Rivera's adjustment procedure but trying to adjust them without letting the lifter bleed all the way down could result in piston/valve contact and thus bend the pushrod.

Many of the aftermarket adjustables are of a tapered design. That allows you to have a large diameter near the threaded part (increased strength) and small diameter at the tip to prevent tube interference. I run HD Screamin Eagle adjustables that were under $100. Amazing HD is cheaper than the aftermarket...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Taperlites are the best fits-all pushrods available,because they are superlite.Some times being over aggresive while tightening the locking nut ,you may round the wrench flats on the tube.The trick to easy adjustment is to set the INTAKE valve first,and then install the exhaust pushrod and tube assy.,and set that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone used Rivera's Taperlite pushrods in a EVO motor, are these any good, any known problems with them.

Ran them for 8 years in my 97' Road King with no problems. Am fixing to drop a Woods T6 cam in my 06 Road Kind and will go with Rivera again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts