V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandered if anyone has this center stand or know of any other brands out there that are worth buying?center stand

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the Rivco centerstand on my Ultra, works great, takes a little getting used to, but after that no problem at all. Sure makes it easy to clean the rear wheel, but they are pricy, I received mine as a gift. If it were my money I would probably buy a lift.
Gary

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What brand of lift should I buy for my soon to be flhtcui

·
Registered
29 Posts
LIFT STAND

I bought a 1500# hydraulic lift that raises the bike 18" and comes with 4 ratchet tiedowns to secure the bike to the lift. It was purchased at COSTCO FOR $89.95, THIS IS THE SAME STAND SELLING FOR $250 - $400 THRU MC SHOPS (WHAT A RIP). I USE IT ON A FLHTC AND IT WORKS GREAT, MAKES CHANGING FLUIDS AND CLEANING A BREEZE.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by Vagabond2000 I have the Rivco centerstand on my Ultra
Do you have ny pics of it on the web you can share? Also interested in how much effort is required to get it down and under the bike. Have a friend with left knee problems and while we are fabricating a right side kick stand for his RG, a center stand might help him a lot (hes an old bmw rider who came over to the HD side after riding my HT one time) - or send me pics direct if you would [email protected]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Rustler, it is a very easy install, only two bolts. I am not sure what you mean by down and under the bike, but once up on the center stand you simply sit on the bike and roll forward to get off the center stand. It takes some practise to get it on the center stand but not much pressure at all.
Sorry no pics to send.
Gary

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by Hoss
Here is the one from Rivco (300.00)
thanks but I had seen it on the web site - what I was interested in was seeing it on the bike - close up, and getting a guestimate on how much leg is required to push it down and get the bike up on it. In the old days you had to lift the bike with one arm as you rocked it back onto the stand, curious to know it that is still the proceedure and if so how much trouble its with a 750 + Lb bike.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My 87 yamaha venture which is a 800 lbs bike, comes standard with a center stand. (which I use quiet often). Standing to the left of the bike I just put all my weight on the center stand while holding on to the handle bars and the bike lifts very easy with no effort at all. I don't no why the newer cruiser tour bikes like the flhtcui or the new royal star ventures don't come with them..

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'm not sure why, but the HD riding cops both here and in NV use what Harley calls the display stand, if anything.

While one can see the benefit of this centerstand as far as maybe cleaning a wheel or changing oil, on the road they would be most useful on single sided swing arm bikes. I doubt very much the centerstand would allow you to singlehandedly remove a wheel.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had the display stand on my glide for quite awhile (its for sale by the way) it works well. Especially if you want to sit on the bike waiting for something or to watch a parade (think radar trap), and with a cat litter box it makes changing fluids easy.

Got a cycle vise and don't need it now. and I don't do radar traps - ROFL

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Rear wheel cleaning/ bike lift

For rear wheel cleaning I use a cheap bottle jack!
Put the bike on its side stand, jack it up from the opposite side
where theres a nut welded on to the frame, near the passenger footboard.
Up a few inches till the rear wheel leaves the ground, spin away!!!! :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
For rear wheel cleaning I use a cheap bottle jack!
Put the bike on its side stand, jack it up from the opposite side
where theres a nut welded on to the frame, near the passenger footboard.
Up a few inches till the rear wheel leaves the ground, spin away!!!! :p
This way sounds a little shaky:confused: I got the sears motorcycle lift on sale. I think it's about $80.00. Works great.:beer:

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
Saw a guy the other day with a Harley center stand it worked great.My last two RK's were built on the Sears Jacks,just had to be careful when installing wheels.Also have a Handy table,several of my friends bought a truck load of them with vise for $650.00 each.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts