V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I would be posting in this forum. It has been very hard for me to cope for the past few days.

Matthew Luke Davis was only 19 years old. An innocent victim of a car accident that tragically took his life November 2, 2005. His 20th birthday would have been this past Monday, 7 November 2005. Of course, the driver of the vehicle in which he was riding in survived with only minor injuries. Alcohol nor drugs were involved, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Matthew is special to me since I was married to his mother for 3 years and help to raise him during that short time. He was a fine young man with unlimited potential. Monday was the hardest day of my life. Watching his casket lower into his final resting place brought me to my knees.

My son is taking it the hardest since they had really gotten close over the past few years, especially over these last 6 months since I allowed him to remain there from his normal summer visit to spend more time with his mother and brother and attend school there this year. The first time in his 13 years that he has actually "lived" with his mother. God works in mysterious ways by allowing him to really get close with his big brother before his departure.

I love you Matt. May you rest in peace. I only wish that me and you could have continued a stronger relationship even though me and your mother did not.

I ask that you keep us all in your prayers.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
I don't know what to say, David. I'm truly sorry for your tremendous loss and that of your family. I pray for peace and comfort for you all.

T113

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
My prayers are with you

Dear Dave:

I am sorry for your loss. It is difficult and no words can replace your loved one. But know that I, and all of your forum friends, are thinking of you.

May God bless and watch over you and give you the strength to carry on.

Sincerely,

Berno

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
DPrice said:
I ask that you keep us all in your prayers.
We will most certianly do that.

We are supposed to go before the young ones. So sorry.

Heart felt condolences to you and all of your family and friends during this time.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Dave,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

GC

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
my deepest sympathies to you and yours. i am so deeply saddened by this. we must remember to shower our loved ones with physical and emotional love, because we just never know what plans the big guy has for us. stay strong, never forget but continue to move forward. all the best.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
David, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughs and prayers go to your and your family.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Condolences DP, thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Sad indeed. :( That breaks my heart. Nothing any of us can say or do to make things better. Just know Matt is in a better place and he's watching. Waiting for the day you guys meet up again.

RIP Matthew...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Never know what to say on these matters, so all I'll say is I hear you and God bless.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Our condolences, we wish you and your family all of the best during this difficult time.

Dave & Xila

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
DP,

I'm so sad to hear this. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Dave
Life is so hard to understand sometimes.............seems so infair God Bless you and all of those who knew and loved Matthew Luke Davis

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths"

Attachment:
Sunset Angel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts