V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Damn, I just saw him in Santa Maria at Motorcycle Madness a couple of months ago. Hate to hear stuff like that.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I saw him at One Eyed Jack's last August one of the nights we were in town during bike week. He was having a good time with some of the other famous builders. He was chain smoking. I suppose that didn't help. Really too bad to go that young.

·
Southside of Heaven
393 Posts
got this from another site....rip johnny chop

Bike builder Johnny Vasko, aka Johnny Chop, died of heart problems at 1 am, Tuesday March 28. For those of you who may not know who Johnny is, you may have seen him on a few episodes of the Discovery Channel’s "Biker Build-Off," ESPN’s "Chopper Nation," or at a myriad of other well-known motorcycle events around the country.

Not many people knew of his health issues as Johnny preferred to live life to its fullest, rather than dwell on his own problems. We’ll all miss this young man who, at 34 years young, held a spark for both the future of motorcycle building and showed great enthusiasm for tattoos, music and just living life. I had just completed several photo shoots with Johnny, two of which are scheduled to run in our magazines soon. The first will appear in the June issue of Easyriders that goes on sale April 25 and the second will appear in the August issue of Savage Magazine with an on sale date of May 30.

I was very much looking forward to spending more time with him at an event that's just around the corner and at the upcoming Long Beach Tattoo Fest., where he was putting on an Old-School Bike Show. Johnny will be greatly missed by all of his family, friends and fans. It's hard to know what to say at a time like this, but Johnny provided a fitting statement, through the tats on his knuckles, which comes from the book "The Outsiders." As his knuckles boldly state: “Stay Gold."

Rest in Peace, brother.

Scott McCool
Managing Editor, Easyriders Magazine
Editor, Tattoo Savage

·
Acquisitions
4,513 Posts
RIP johnny chop

sorry to hear about him passing. Santa cruz is about 45 minutes away from where i live. that kinda hits close to home!

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. I saw him on TV with his bikes several times. A talented young man who should still be with us. May he rest in peace.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Sad to say, I should know this but I'm not certain. Wasn't he Chica's sidekick, who helped wade through the latter's broken English on Biker Build-Off? It's damn sad.

·
Bike Addict
84 Posts
MadCity said:
Sad to say, I should know this but I'm not certain. Wasn't he Chica's sidekick, who helped wade through the latter's broken English on Biker Build-Off? It's damn sad.
Yes he was. He also helped on a couple of the other build off shows. He will be missed! :(

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Wow, and at such a young age....Makes you remember that it can be all taken away in a moments notice....Without sounding silly, remember to tell your family you love them often..

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
He had heart problems since he was a kid. He had a heart transplant when he was 19.

RIP Johnny...

·
06 NightTrain
289 Posts
R.I.P. Johnny Chop. God bless his family.

·
Cabo Wabo '06
587 Posts
Johnny Chop

Ride on Johnny Chop. Here's to you bro.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by screwball
Damn, I just saw him in Santa Maria at Motorcycle Madness a couple of months ago. Hate to hear stuff like that.
Yeah, I've seen shows about this recent motorcycle classic. Too funny, since that's where I went to high school and, later, covered news on KSMA. Would love to revisit Santa Maria for Motorcycle Madness rather than the class reunion they have planned for October (not going). RIP Johnny Chop.

·
TX Hill Country Explorer
893 Posts
Our crew here in San Antonio was looking forward to meeting him here next weekend at the River City Bike Fest. He was a true talent that had a solid future in front of him if not for the heart problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts