V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
frankencat,

I'm running Rinehart true duals without baffles on a 05 Ultra Classic. The mufflers that came with my Rineharts have cheese grater style baffles in them but when you look through them you can see straight through them. Since I went from bone stock to the Rineharts, a dyno tuned power commander and SE intake the improvement for me was significant. Just my opinion but I think the Rinehart TD's are the sweetest sounding pipes around right along side the thunderheaders. They're loud enough to get peoples attention but not so loud as I can't hear the stereo going down the road at 70-80 mph.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Ive got em on my RK Classic.....didnt think they sounded any better with the baffles out when I tried it. That and I really didn't want to have to have my racetuner tweaked again since it was set up with the baffles in.

I actually bought the quiet baffles when I picked the pipes up, but couldn't bring myself to actually put them in.

My .02 worth...

·
Registered
210 Posts
frankencat said:
Anybody try running the Rinehart TD's without baffles? What's it like?
I generaly like pipes with out baffles I run v/h Big Radius on my Fatboy with out baffles it sounds great!!!!!! I have torque cones installed (white bros)

BUT on my dresser I tried to take the baffles out of the rineharts but it sounded like a trash truck and a loud one at that

On our R/K custom we also took the baffles out of the python slip on and it sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

So the long and short leave the baffles in unless you like the trash truck sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the sound, especially around 45-50 mph range in fifth. At the same speed with the stock baffles in, all I heard was tranny and engine chatter, too quiet. They do sound good while turning up the throttle (baffles) and there is a loss of torque at low endwithout them. I guess you have to pick your poison, I am going to try the 2.5 High Flow baffles and hope to find a happy medium.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts