V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my question is what am i going to see one over the other ?
i have 103 stage 2. thinking about going with gmr 107 witch one is going to perform better ? the fat cat with quiet baffle or rineharts ?
how does the fat cat sound with the quiet baffle is it still loud and quieter than the rineharts ??

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
robby dmax said:
i have 103 stage 2. thinking about going with gmr 107 witch one is going to perform better ? the fat cat with quiet baffle or rineharts ?
how does the fat cat sound with the quiet baffle is it still loud and quieter than the rineharts ??
I'll chime is since I've owned both.

I put the Rineharts on a stock 06 eglide stage I and they were excellent, nice torque curve. Did a GMR 98" 37G cam, stg I heads build and the torque dip was HUGE! The sound level went up a little but not extreme. I was certain it would not tune out so I put on a Super Trapp 2-1.

I bought an 08 Ultra and just put on the Fatcat with quiet baffle. At first I thought it was too quiet. After the tune I think it sounds great and I wouldn't want it any louder, but I'm touchy about noise. With a larger build I think it would go up some. Without the quiet baffle they are loud, I've heard them.

The Fatcat has a good rep for making a nice power band. I would recommend talking to Steve about it when you do your build through him. He told me the Rineharts would have a big dip between 2 and 3 thou, he was right.

Chris

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
The Rinharts will have a BIG torque dip. The 2into 1 FatKat will not. Dont ask how i no LOL. Booggerbe

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
robby dmax said:

Check out this thread, the results are pretty plain to see -

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99126

Go with the Fatcat, you won't regret it.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts