V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my new Rinehart true duals. They have the new clamp type heat shields (had to send one back due to poor chrome though). I'm not sure on the late style starter support bracket? how can I tell if I have the old or new style starter bracket?

JD

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
roadrunnerldw1 said:
The old style will use a tab welded to the head pipe, the new will not use this tab.
Thanks RoadRunner, I have flat starter bracket that attaches to the L/H pipe tab.. I take it there is only 2 brackets, the early flat one (old style) & the new clamp type (correct?). My ehhaust was supposed to have the new bracket, it looks like I was lied to..

JD

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think there are acutely three also one that attached to the primary, anyhow looks like you have the old one. The newest one that you should use has a starter bracket that attaches to the clamp not the tab as yours is. (YOU HAVE THE WRONG ONE). I also got the one you have , I think there were made a while ago and boxed up before they changed the bracket . All I had to do was call Bob’s, left a message , they called back within a hour, and sent the new bracket, no proof of purchase was needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts