V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put Rinehart TrueDuals on a 06 Street Glide with 95 Stage 2 (203 cams). Only have 500 miles on bike.

Question is; Has anyone put the "quiet" or touring baffels in the TrueDuals. Are they really any quieter?. They are supposed to reduce top end HP by 2 or 3 hp, and lower the TQ range about 500rpm lower. But the real question is if they make a difference in lower sound. I may get use to the sound (which is sweet) but I feel after a couple 600 miles days, it could get old.

Thanks.
skip

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
I found that the Rineharts were only really loud when you twisted the wick. Even people riding next to me were not annoyed by them. I had the performance baffles!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
The quiet baffles seem quieter until they warm up fully and then they seemed as loud as the std baffles. I have read others oppinions that the quiet baffles are not much quieter than the std baffles also. I got tired of the noise and put the Touring mufflers back on.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Cams, compression ratio and displacement make a difference in how the same mufflers sound bike to bike as well...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I put the quiet baffles in my 04 Road King. The only difference that I noticed is that it took the annoying "pitch" out of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have Rinehart True Duals with the quiet baffles on my 06 Street Glide. IMOP they have a softer note at lower speeds. However my friends tell me that when following me at highway speeds , the pipes are as loud as any other Rinehart/Eglide setup.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
The major benefit to the smaller diameter quiet baffles is the boost in low end torque. It most definitely is noticeable, by the seat of the pants anyway.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,

Rode the T-Sport 2 days ago with SE mufflers. Forgot how it sounded. Guess I was either;
A) getting older
B) getting more PC
C) just looking to spend more on the SG
D) trying to listen to radio (none on T-Sport)

Guess I will keep the standard baffels and let the motor and baffles break in. I don't whack the throttle in the community anyway.

Thanks again for the input. makes this forum great... bringing one back to focus.
skip

·
Registered
127 Posts
If anyone is running the Rinehart slip-ons yet... Rinehart does not make any baffles other then standard for that as of yet... stay tuned...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Camera108 said:
I put Rinehart TrueDuals on a 06 Street Glide with 95 Stage 2 (203 cams). Only have 500 miles on bike.

Question is; Has anyone put the "quiet" or touring baffels in the TrueDuals. Are they really any quieter?. They are supposed to reduce top end HP by 2 or 3 hp, and lower the TQ range about 500rpm lower. But the real question is if they make a difference in lower sound. I may get use to the sound (which is sweet) but I feel after a couple 600 miles days, it could get old.

Thanks.
skip
I have basically the same build on my 2003 Road Glide. I rode with the standard baffles for 6 months or so, before I switched to the quiet baffles.

Yes, they are quieter. Noticeable, but not much...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts