V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with Rineharts tried to paint or powder coat their "black" Rinehart end caps? I'm a little tired of looking at the purple end caps. I've had mine on for about 10,000 miles. I removed the end caps yesterday and the collar that fits into the pipe was still black. I was also surprised at how rusted my baffles were.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Just call BUB Enterprises.... they will send you a new set. They supposedly have a new process that solves the problem. You will need to send them back your purple caps.... Service there is great. Talk to Karen.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8-Ball said:
Just call BUB Enterprises.... they will send you a new set. They supposedly have a new process that solves the problem. You will need to send them back your purple caps.... Service there is great. Talk to Karen.
I just sent Karen an email. Hope they warranty my caps. Thanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
What? I kind of like them purple now! They match my Black Cherry FXDCI. I get compliments. Would like a set of the chrome caps though...:hmmm:

·
Registered
127 Posts
8-Ball said:
Hmm.. I thought that I read somewhere that they would not warranty this as it is not a defect of the material but that the bike isnt tuned right...

With that said.. I would be very interested in hearing if they will as I just had the Rinehart slip-ons installed on Saturday... as I am sure that mine will turn purple one day... and with a black bike.. it wont go as well as the black cherry bike will...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
jmcampo said:
Hmm.. I thought that I read somewhere that they would not warranty this as it is not a defect of the material but that the bike isnt tuned right...

With that said.. I would be very interested in hearing if they will as I just had the Rinehart slip-ons installed on Saturday... as I am sure that mine will turn purple one day... and with a black bike.. it wont go as well as the black cherry bike will...
Nope... I think they said something about the headers not being warranted against color change, but they are replacing purple caps. They have already replaced mine.

The purple caps look fantastic on black cherry bikes... looks totally custom... saw one in front of the local dealer last week. I'd pay money for that combo... maybe a way for BUB to get some of their money back.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called and they are sending me new end caps. They changed the calibration on the anodizing equipment (something about the stabilizer) and they said the new caps should stay black. Lets hope so anyway. Karen was extremely nice to work with. You must have your original receipt though.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MegaGlide said:
Just a thought...
Has anybody asked if they'll swap out for the chrome endcaps for like 1/2 price?
She actually told me they had problems with chrome peeling from the end caps a while back. But they fixed that too. :)

I like the black tips because no other pipe manufacturer has them. Put the chrome tips on and they look like every other pipe. But, if I have to choice between purple and chrome, guess which one I'm going for.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Just remember guys..........you squeeze it hard enough, it will turn purple.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts