V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the pipes over the weekend (along with PCIII and Stage 1). Overall the installation went smooth and the bike runs and sounds great.

Now for the question...

The left side passenger peg no longer folds up completely, hitting the pipe at what would seem to be 90% upright. Has anyone else run into this? And is there a spacer of some sort that would fix this?

I am curious if anyone has replaced the stock passenger pegs with floorboards (also using the Rineharts) to see if this is an issue in that case as well.

Thanks for any input.

John-

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
BUB talks about this on their site... at least for passenger floorboards. You have to get the extended floorboard bracket. Kuryakyn part: 4537... and harley has an equivalent for $50 more.

I went with the Iso-Boards from Kuryakyn with matching passenger boards... very cool set up. Due to the curvature of the boards, it also gives better leg room to manuever when going 2-up with the passenger boards down. Click my link below for pictures of them installed... (go to the seat tab for more)

btw... sold my stock floorboards and pegs for $300 on eBay which helped with the expense.

Also found this on another thread dealing with passenger pegs and rineharts:

Solution: Buy the chrome passenger peg brackets from Harley which cost too much at $109.00 (PN#50198-97A) Fits all '93 later FLT, FLHT,FLHS, FLHR and '98 later FLTR models. This is page 397 of the '04-'05 catalog from Harley. Of course you will need to buy male ended passenger pegs with this. If another company makes these brackets, then you can buy from them as well. Good Luck

·
Registered
147 Posts
Was it worth the money. Are power gains really noticable. :hmmm: :confused: . I am getting ready to purchase same stuff you did. Any help would be Awesome. THANKS

·
Registered
195 Posts
06' Street Glide with Rineharts. I have the same issue with the left passenger peg. I just don't fold it all the way up. Leave about an inch or so of space between the peg and the pipe. Unless your peg is loose, it will stay in position and solve the problem. You could get a longer spacer for the peg, etc., but why bother when you can just fold it up just shy of the pipe??

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I had the same thing on my 05 RK Custom when I put Rineharts on it. I just put the foot peg assemly in a lower hole, there are a couple of holes to put them in. Your passenger will have slightly more leg room too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.