V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last July I bought a pair of PanOptx Diablos with prescription lenses from
Sport Rx.

Through my own fault, the frame broke in the middle of the nose piece.

I called Rob at Sport Rx to see what could be done. He checked and said the glasses were 3 months out of warranty.

But they warranteed them anyway.

Very quick turnaround time.

Sport Rx.

That's all.

·
Noch ein bier, bitte
1,537 Posts
Thanks for the info!!!

Been looking for a good place to buy some prescription riding glasses and the good service you got makes me inclined to head on over to Sport Rx.

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
That's pretty cool. I have two pairs of Wiley-X Romer II's with prescription lenses - one with transitional lenses and one with polarized blue mirrors. They took excellent care of me with an issue I had and the blue-lensed glasses are the best sunglasses I have ever owned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am new to prescription lenses. I went into a shop today to inquire about precscription sunglasses to ride in. The clerk asked me if I rode Motorcycles because I was looking at WileyX frames as well as Maui Jim frame. I said yes. She said if I should be careful about polarized lenses on a motorcycle. I can't imagine why. Why should this concern me. I know that dawn and dusk are a concern with darker lenses but polarized?? She said I might not be able to read the pedometer (pretty sure she meant speedometer but English wasn't her first language)?

Also recommendations would be welcome. I ride with a half helmet so wind protection is pretty important. Wiley X seemed decent enough but are there better options for prescription wearers?

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,011 Posts
Thanks for the info!!!

Been looking for a good place to buy some prescription riding glasses and the good service you got makes me inclined to head on over to Sport Rx.
@gree:

"She said if I should be careful about polarized lenses on a motorcycle. I can't imagine why. Why should this concern me. I know that dawn and dusk are a concern with darker lenses but polarized?? She said I might not be able to read the pedometer (pretty sure she meant speedometer but English wasn't her first language)?"

You got me. I love polarized lenses and they don't hamper anything that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I've been wearing polarized persription lenses for years , other than some funky colors through the faceshield they are great .

·
Grumpy Tricycle Pilot
219 Posts
Heavyglare

My eyes are pretty crummy, and I have a strong prescription (both near and far sighted).

FWIW, I had to go to http://www.heavyglare.com to get my prescription into some decent frames. SportRx looked great, but could not accomodate my strength lenses.

Heavyglare has a process that enables them to fit "bad eyes" into a broader range of frames. Mine look and work great (WileyX. transitional lenses, anti-scratch, anti-glare). Order processing was prompt, and I received my glasses in about 10 days.

One year and a lot of miles later - still in great shape, no scratches. :cool:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I just posted this to another link.

I also wear prescription glasses. I went to my local optometrist and got myself a pair of wrap around glasses with transition lenses complete with my much needed bifocals also. I love them they change very quickly. Like last year on my road trip in northern California and southern Oregon riding in and out of the redwoods going from bright sunshine to the darkness of the trees it was no problem. Transition lenses work for me.

Regarding the polarized problem. I also have a set of prescription sun glasses that are polarized and there are times when I can not read a screen when wearing them. The one so called screen that sticks out in my mind is if I am wearing them in a store and go to pay with my bank card where you swipe the card and enter your pin I can not see that screen without removing my polarized glasses. Don't know what causes this but for some reason it is almost completely blacked out when looking at it. Also happens at gas pumps where you pay at the pump. But in my car or on my bike seeing the speedo is no problem. It's strange but true or maybe I am loosing my mind? :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts