V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody ride with jeans with the kevlar a$$ and knees? Your thoughts on them? Right now I am riding with leather chaps for protection, but as the weather gets warmer I know they are going to be very unconfortable. Thinking of trying some of the jeans made for riding with kevlar.

·
In disguise
2,924 Posts
Draggin' Jeans

I've been using them for two years, now. They tend to be a little hotter to wear during the summer than plain denim jeans but nowhere near as hot as chaps. Even after multiple washings, they may be a touch stiffer at the kevlar areas, but hardly noticeable. Some think they fit a bit tighter than your normal size. I find my same size is just fine. Well made and comfortable to walk around in when you're off the bike. So far, thank goodness I haven't found out if the Kevlar really works, but I saw a dramatic test in a bike magazine a couple of years ago, and apparently the kevlar really works against sliding abrasion. I like them.

·
Premium Member
3,290 Posts
You guys have problems. ;) It's freezing cold around here and in summer it gets rarely beyond 90F, but I enjoy your discussion. These Jeans sound like a good idea. I think I pick up a pair in March, when I do some riding in Arizona and New Mexico.........

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been looking for the Joe Rocket steel denims for awhile. I like the idea of leaving the chaps at home.
I haven't found them anywhere in the Sacramento area, so that I can try them on for size....

·
Registered
657 Posts
FUNHOG said:
I've been looking for the Joe Rocket steel denims for awhile. I like the idea of leaving the chaps at home.
I haven't found them anywhere in the Sacramento area, so that I can try them on for size....
I bought a pair of these last week and really like them. Just got back from a 300 mile ride using these jeans along with my usual chaps. (Hey! It was cold here today. It got down to about 50F)
Very comfortable. The jeans are light and fit just like regular ones.

Ride Safe,
Vettster

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have several pairs of the Draggin Jeans, both carpenter style and relaxed fit. I prefer the carpenter style and fit. This winter I purchased a pair of the FXRG overpants. They vents on the side and I am going to try them out this summer with shorts underneath.

Keep it on the road

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 2 pair of the Draggin Relaxed fit and like them a lot. You can even install their knee armor and can't tell it is there.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I've got Draggin Jeans and they have held up well for two seasons of riding. Comfy and I like the little bit of extra protection. I don't know what style, I think they only had one kind when I got them.
Sam

·
1,336 Posts
I bought a pair of Dragon Jeans today. I will give them a try. Looking at some road rash photo's posted on this site, the other day sold me. They were only 80 bucks at a local bike shop. I did not get out that cheap. I had my 7 year old daughter with me and she saw a pair of earrings she had to have, plus I bought a new pair of summer gloves.

Kevlar Lined Jeans sounds like a great idea to me.

·
1,336 Posts
Studded Lace said:
I can't give any advice. I ride in shorts.
I would like to see that

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Studded Lace said:
I can't give any advice. I ride in shorts.
It makes me cringe to see someone riding in shorts and sometimes with only thongs or flops, I can only imagine the kind of pain road rash would inflict with no protection at all. My advice, wear at least jeans.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Studded Lace said:
You need to relax...I'm joking. I ride in a thong.
So your problem wasn't the tanning bed, then was it?

I tried riding in a thong, but the rubber sole kept slapping me on the back.

·
Registered
454 Posts
FUNHOG said:
You might try Cycle Gear in Folsom on Folsom-Auburn or Roseville Cycle (if you haven't already).

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
I just tested a pair of Hein Gericke Jeans with Kevlar reinforcements in my spill last week. They held up very well. My knees got a little rashed from the jeans moving just a bit over the knees, but nothing on the hip and nothing compared to my unprotected arm and shoulder. After washing them, they look like new, can´t even see any abrasion on them.

They can also be fit with protectors. I didn´t have any in, but I´m sure glad I was wearing this pair of jeans when I went down!

Ride Safe

Sponk

·
03 Heritage
491 Posts
I have two pair of relax fit dragon jeans. I wear them all day at work. Similiar in comfort to normal jeans. Slightly hotter in the summer. Luckily I haven't had the need to find out how much they protect you when you go down!

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
dg

I like the diamond gussets,no extra protection,but the the boys really like the exra room on long days in the saddle!!

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Have worn draggin jeans last two years--had to get 1 size larger than my usual jeans, little warmer than regular jeans but very comfortable and very well constructed. Fortunately, haven't "tested" them but feel more protected. I've never worn leather chaps but would think they'd be awfully hot in the summer. Believe the draggin people also make jackets and shirts with kevlar.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts