V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ride it like a RENTAL
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little info....Heading down to Naples on 3/28 for a Medical conference. Better half is joining me Sunday(4/2/06), and I rented a Glide for 4 days to ride the area, and to get the feeling back, before heading back to Snow country (or lack there of) this year. I'd appreciate any ideas on good day trips from the Naples area (ie. good ride for me, and something for her at the destination). Last year I went alone, and rented a V-rod for a day and put on 480 mi going to Miami, then south and finally along Rt41 back to Naples..was glad to get back to my RoadKing! I guess V-rods aren't made for touring :dunno: Any thoughts welcome.....esp. good places to eat!! Thanks in advance.........And Ya, I'm one of the Trauma guys that puts you guys back together when Ya crash...My team members always ask "How can you ride, when you see how bad you get F**KED Up when you go down" I always give'm my Motto....I won't go to the grave in a well preserved body...I'll slide in sideways shouting "HOLY SH*T What a Ride"...LIFE IS WAY TOOOO SHORT NOT TO LIVE!!!..:cheers: ................................WILDBILL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Take 41 N to Port Charlotte. Turn left on RT776. Go through El Jobean and head to Englewood. Take the drive along Manasota Key, beach front ride along the gulf. Continue north to Venice. There's a place called Sharky's on the Pier in Venice. Good food, right on the gulf, and you can find fossilized sharks teeth right on the beach. Do a web search for Englewood beach and Venice.

·
Ride it like a RENTAL
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Sounds great!! She'll like checking for sharks teeth for the kids...school kids....and I'll like the dealer :whistle: and since she collects dealer pins for her vest, she'll even enjoy that:thumbsup: Wildbill05

·
Registered
23 Posts
Partner ..... I am on the east coast, Boynton Beach, I ride out to Lake O.There is :thumbsup: little traffic and the roads are good. Clewiston is a good ride and a great countyside.......:thumbsup: ?: :chopper:

·
Ride it like a RENTAL
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Sounds Great, well try to make a run to the lake on one of the days....since I'm also a Bass fisherman, It'll be like going to the "Garden of Eden"^rolleyez^
WILDBILL05

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Myakka (sp?) State Park is in that vicinity. I rode a rental Deuce through there a couple years ago. Pink Flamingos, gators, airboat rides. Shut off the motor to watch 8 wild turkeys cross the road in front of me. Spent maybe an hour there.

·
Ride it like a RENTAL
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fly out

:xhere: Thanks guys, for the info, I'm off to the airport in 1/2 hr...If I've remembered all my ridin stuff (put away 4 months ago) I'm sure, once I'm through with the learning new ways to fix people...I'll be ready for a couple GOOOOOD Rides....It's spitting snow here this morning.....so even a tropical breeze and a couple long necks will feel goooood..!drunk! ..KEEP the PAINTED side UP :chopper: WILDBILL

·
Ride it like a RENTAL
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Made it BACK

Well Guys, It was a great 3 days of riding:chopper: Put on almost 1000 miles, Saw Roland Martins Marina, and Venice beach...and South Beach:yikes: Wife was intimadated at south beach:laugh: Thanks for all the great info.....made it to 60 degrees here today....warm enough for RIDING .....
WILDBILL

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
Ditto on Sharky's. In Lake O, there was a restaurant that you picked the raw steak, and then told them how to cook it, and watched the whole time. Was about 20 years ago, but it was famous. I cant remember the damn name of it now.... =(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts