V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has been on a trip across Louisiana and on into Texas using Hwy 90 and 190. Just curious about the roads. I don't want to stay on I-10 much. Would like to go through all the small towns, just take my time. Thanks.
Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003
1995 FXDWG

· Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigD,
It will be DECADES before New Orleans and a lot of the other areas over there fully recover, if ever. Hurricane Ivan whacked Pensacola in Sept '04 and there are still many, many homes and buildings laying flat or in piles because of the "Citizens Insurance" fiasco. ie; The insurance doesn't want to pay because they say the damage was "flood" and not "storm". There are big lawsuits in the courts here and the insurance compnaies are doing everything they can to "punish" the homeowners and delay the court case. Scumbags.

The reason I want to make that trip is to go visit grandkids in Conroe, Tx. My Wideglide is more of the cruiser vice the Interstate speed monster. I have drag bars, Badlander seat, no windshield, and I'm pretty sure the original builder put on a different drive sprocket for more JUICE around town. (my speedometer reads about 7 mph faster than I'm really going). To be honest, I would be very happy just cruising over there at 55-60 mph. Stopping at small mom & pop cafes to pig out and take a couple of days to get there. It's about 575 miles door to door and I'm in no hurry.

See you on the road.

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

· Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the scoop guys. I will definitely check into the Hwy 80 route. I don't mind going further north since I'm in no hurry at all. It's amazing how much damage was done by these hurricanes. People that aren't from here or who have never seen it don't realize just how bad it is. Katrina damage was on the news for a few months and now basically...HISTORY...except for the hundreds of thousands of people who will be trying to rebuild for YEARS.

The politicians are having a good time pointing fingers. Have you noticed?...each time there is something really catastrophic happen...the politicians and the government agencies are sucking hind *** when the truth comes out. 9-11?...point fingers. Katrina?...point fingers. FEMA being totally Fukked up?...point fingers. It's a disgrace and big government is SO BIG that NOBODY really has the ball anymore. It's all crisis management and REACT instead of ACT ahead of time.

I saw it here in Florida after Ivan......and Katrina is hundreds of times worse than Ivan. The worst disaster in HISTORY of America....and the ploiticians want to point fingers for political gain. Sorry sacks of Shiite!!!

See ya on the road,
Steve

· Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Todd,
Would love to stop and eat some free food at your house. However, watch out for our little dog too.

Here's a pic of our "little" one..Merle. His daddy, Bentley, is 75 pounds and LOVES everybody.....especially ladies and kids. I can't put a pic of him in here because they are all big files.

Thanks Jarhead.

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

· Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Rick. I was raised not too awfully far from you. Dexter, Missouri, in the bootheel. Great living there. Y2K...that dog of your's would just make a snack out of me for warm up. Holy Cow!!

Here's one of my son holding Bentley...the daddy. Best dang dog I have EVER been around.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.