V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Kent. I am a 26 yr old guy living just south of Houston. I got my first minibike when I was 7 years old and have been riding ever since! I always had motocross bikes growing up and always ended up hanging out at my neighbors house. He was an old-timer. The typical biker from head to toe and I loved hearing the roar of old shovelheads late at night coming from his garage. He ran a small shop out of his barn and is still there today.
I got my first Harley last year. A '79 Ironhead. This was probably the worst model for a first time HD owner. This year bike had more qwerks and abnormalities from the factory than probably any other year. I spent quite a nice amount of cash fixing her up and decided to sell it. I am now being sued by the current owner, but that is a whole other thread!
Now I own a '00 XL Custom. I love this bike but I have plans to build a BT in the next year or so. I think I will always own a Sportster no matter what kind of bike I build.
This forum is great. I still haven't looked in all the catagories yet. Thanks for giving us a place to discuss these issues and shoot the **** with other folks.
Keep the rubber side down!

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Welcome Kent,

We tend to think that this forum is a fairly productive place thanks to our members. Feel free to look around and post often. Collectively, I think that we can just about answer any question that may arise.

Enjoy the board!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Kent,
Look forward to reading your posts and it sounds like you had a lot of experience with your '79, more than you wanted to. But glad you got your XL, there are a lot of XL riders on the forum, and I think you'll enjoy it here.

Again welcome,

Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Kent, Like the others, let me welcome you to this forum. I am a new guy,too. Seems like there are some great folks here. Yea, I like the sound those old shovels make myself. The new TC s just don't sound the same.

tbone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts