V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,100 Posts
I love riding at night. All summer long it is too hot around here to ride in the middle of the day, but even when the weather is colder I love the desert at night.

Might have something to do with being a night person anyway.

The 101 at night is a piece of cake. I would be more leery of riding on city streets at night. If you ever go to dinner or to a honky tonk you must realize a overwhelming percentage of people on the road at night have to be legally drunk.

There are some roads where one would have some more reservations, in particular as one tends to lose night vision with age. In the particular case of the Road Glide the pathetic headlites also force you to slow down more then you normally would. If I had $1200.00 to blow I would get a HID headlite and that would solve most of the problem.

I draw the line at riding at night in heavy rain and traffic, as soon as there is enough rain and traffic you start to get the damn rooster tails and you can't really see a thing.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
Yup, the best HID system for single headlite Harleys is about 600 bucks, but in the case of the RoadGlide you have to replace the complete assembly with adjusters and everything and get rid of the POS plastic reflector for it to work properly, and there is only one option for this specific model bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.