V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'll be riding home in the rain this morning from work (graveyard shift). Been watching the storm come in all night.
This won't be the first time (or the last, LOL) I've had to ride home in the rain, but at least this time it's warm outside. :D
Amazing the funny looks I get at 5:30 AM riding a Harley in the rain, but it could be worse!

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
While I don't like riding in rain, I've learned to disregard most of our weather people. I missed about 15 - 20 days so dar this year by listening them say 'chance of thunderstorms'. Hell, I live in GA and we're in drought conditions. Recently, I have been caught a couple of times on way home from work but only once did it rain on me longer than 10 minutes. I have learned to keep the face shield for half helmet in bags(just in case). Those damn raindrops HURT at 50+ MPH. :D

Friend told me that he had been told by someone, "Any time you don't because of a 50% chance of bad weather, there's 100% chance you're going to miss a good ride."

·
Registered
306 Posts
This is so true. I used to watch the radar and try to determain if I'm going to get wet and then depending on that ride or not. I missed way to many days of what turned out to be good riding weather. And down here we get scattered showers all of the time, so my rule of thumb is- if it's not raining when I leave I'm good to go. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have missed plenty of days because on a chance of rain. When it does rain it is usally on the way home. Not too bad then, but 285 can be bad enough when it is dry. My first 5 rides on my Harley ended in the rain. My friends told me that I had been baptized. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I learned along time ago not to put to much stock in what a weatherman says. I've rode to work in downtown DC for 31 years. If it ain't raining when I get up I ride.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Fly-N-Pig said:
... Not too bad then, but 285 can be bad enough when it is dry.
285? Brave man there, Pig. I ride 400 - 85/75 and little on 285 to get to 675. Sure are some CRAZIES out there, huh? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts