V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a Rider Back Rest for an 03 RKC that will fit the stock seat other that the one from Harley? Theirs is a bit pricey.

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
Does the stock seat (on the 03 RKC) also take a removable passenger backrest, or do you have to replace the seat? I don't want to add a sissy bar, but my wife wants a backrest.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Stray, I missed this post somehow. Yes, I have my RK. It's a long story but I also have the Low Rider back and it's as good as new. I planned to sell it but my wife says "no way, that's my bike now." So I'm now a two Harley one Rice Burner owner. I'm amazed at the difference between the Low Rider and the RK. Each suited to a different purpose but I love them both.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dawg, that's great. His and her's! Must be nice.

The wife and I made the trip up 411 to 52 like we talked about. Crossed over the hills and had lunch at Ellijay. Great weather except for the last 40/50 miles. Started raining, but looked like it was going to stop just over the next ridge. It didn't, so we pulled over, put on the rain gear and took off. Then it stopped raining! Anyway, it was a good ride. It'll be even more enjoyable when we can make it with the forum members.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The his and hers thing is still iffy. She has to pass the MSF course and decide if she really wants to ride. If not I'll have to sell the Low Rider. I'm trying not to justify having two Harley's. (I haven't tried real hard though.) Next month should be great weather for riding around Ellijay or maybe Dahlonega. Anywhere in that area is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I've rode all over the east coast and as far west as sturgis. There is no where in this country any more beautiful than north georgia, Tennessee, carolina area

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
If you can afford it keep both, you'll miss it once it is gone. And if one bike has to be in the shop for something you always have a spare. I've had two bikes most of my riding life(25years)except for the last 6months and I really miss the other one. Right now my roadglide is in having a stator repaired(warrantee or I would do it myself). Good luck on your difficult decision, and congradulation on the new bike.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thealien said:
Good luck on your difficult decision, and congradulation on the new bike.
If I can swing it I'd love to keep them both. The Dyna for 1 up and the Road King for 2 up. My SO insists that she is going to ride the Low Rider so we'll see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts