V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 3rd Wednesday in July is the annual Ride Your Bike to Work Day.

July 17th is the 3rd Wednesday this month, so tomorrow is an important day for us all. I encourage everyone who can possible do so to ride your bike to work on July 17th. And every other day you get a chance!!!;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I ride nearly everyday. Only exception is when I just feel like driving my car (damn fun), need a break (like after my ride from SoCal), or need to haul something.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am there with you tomorrow. I too ride to work most every day. In less than 2 months I already have almost 1300 miles on my new bike. It's been almost 10 years since I had a bike and I guess I am finding out I really missed it. :)

Dave

·
Registered
903 Posts
I usually ride at least a couple of days a week to work. I'd ride tomorrow if the damn thing wasn't spewing oil all over the road!! (See my oil cooler install nightmare in Touring section)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Do that anyway, Everyday rain, hail or shine.....o, snow too.
Different kettle 'o' fish over here. :eek:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
:D Everyday is ride to work day:D

I just wish I lived more than 5 miles from work........

Tony

·
Registered
90 Posts
I will be there also.. I ride every day . Have 2000 miles on my lowrider that I picked up on May 30.. Just ordered a rainsuit after a couple of power showers.. Good Ridin' Tomorrow Guys and good luck

·
Registered
695 Posts
Like most of you I ride to work everyday but the exception is that I'm on my Yamaha touring bike. I saw a lot of bikes on the road today. One guy almost got taken out by a crazy wild driver. I called it in. I'll be able to ride in style come September when my 2003 Harley shows up.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Ride to work everyday lately. Only a couple of miles but, 5am the bike never gets warmed up!:eek: Plus I live in an urban setting and am concerned about my neighbors. This morning it was too cool for the t-shirt that I wore in. Oh well, at least I had long pants on!

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
I ride every day except when there is ice/snow on road. Not much of that these past few years in Atlanta, GA area. Bought bike on July 7, 2001 and have over 16,000 miles on it and 75-80% of that is expressway miles driving to/from work(86 miles round trip).

·
Registered
409 Posts
Do that anyway, Everyday rain, hail or shine.....o, snow too.
We've got to don't we?
Otherwise we would never live the house!

Me too, haven't been using the train in months over here, the bike is far less dangerous (do you know what I mean Harleyhog?:D ).

Ride on!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
94c4 said:

Me too, haven't been using the train in months over here, the bike is far less dangerous (do you know what I mean Harleyhog?:D ).

Ride on!
Certainly Do, certainly do......
Had to get the train to work for about a month over the winter, Tried ta bleed the front brakes and the nipples were seized! pisser! (salty winter roads an all that).
One thing for sure, when I was sitting on that train, I sat facing backwards, I'm not goin flyin while still on the ground thanks!

A recent example attached, one of MANY! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I ride to work every chance I get. My daily battle is that Atanta drivers suck!!! I drive 80 miles round trip. Couldnt' ride today though my soul wanted to. I guess I will have to roll the windows down in my truck and make do.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
doc526 said:
............... My daily battle is that Atanta drivers suck!!! I drive 80 miles round trip.
SO true....SO true....I ride straight through heart of Atlanta on 75/85 every morning/afternoon - 86 miles roundtrip. Lots of IDIOTS out there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sure seems strange here at work, there are only about seven people who ride at all out of 300 emplyees. None of the others had heard about the Ride To Work when I mentioned it to three of them, one was out of town and I shamed one to ride in and he acted like it was a punishment, and that was it -him and I. My wife works at the University campus and has to park at a centralized lot and the motorcycle section and her's was one of only four bikes yesterday. And this was a "not a cloud in the sky" type day. Who are buying all of the bikes when so few show up for a fun thing like this, or a better question - are most bikes bought by profilers who only cruise Mainstreet Saturday nights? Kinda explains the lack of response to a wave around here, i guess.

·
Registered
629 Posts
6 riders in my building out of about 100. I think 5 rode (X1, Road King, Road Glide, Goldwing, BMW). The one girl dropped her bike (250 Ninja), I think it is still in the shop.

Kinda nice having the parking area dominated by V-twins.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.