V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like this is one mean looking machine. Its going to take some time to get use to looking at it. Does anyone know of anyone that owns one? Whats the ride/power/handling like?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine hasn't arrived, yet, but I have ridden one.
The ride was OK, but I only rode about 10 miles.
Handling was better than I expected. I have never owned a bike with forward controls. That will take some getting used to.
The power was good, also, very linear and smooth, with a strong surge as the tach got up there. The red line is 9K, and the tach does turn red at the line. I wish you could adjust it for a shift light.
Very quiet.
Rich

·
Registered
126 Posts
I drove a loaner. LOTS of power, but the forward controls are a little "out-of-place"

Very smooth up to 95, I chickened out at 95 because I had a few beers, and didn't want to wad up a loaner. It had much more, i was only in 3rd gear at 95.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vrod Loaner????

I am amazed that a dealer would send one out as a loaner!! Dealers in my Area (NY/NJ) are only getting 8-10 bikes for the entire year. Mine is scheduled for December delivery. I am buying sight unseen/unridden. Oh well I guess your dealer must sell more bikes and is getting a bigger allocation. I am dying to ride one!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
This dealer isn't even a Harley dealer. They only sell Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki. The owner is trying to get a HD franchise, and I think he must be on the short list. Thats why HD helped him out. All of the employees that work at that dealer rode the shyt out of that bike and most all of them liked it. One racer even said he would buy one!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
KingRoad
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing