S&S Carb
Rinehart 2-1 Exhaust

Pull starts at 3600 and ends at 7500 rpm

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hdmd88 said:
Nice numbers and good tune. Question...where is the rpm? I'd guess this run started at 4000 rpm by looking at the 5252 crossing of tq and hp. Looks like a very high rpm motor.
You better hold on my friend.:clap:
Doh!!! Sorry about that Doc! ^rolleyez^ The pull starts about 3500 and ends at 7500. I really do wish that they had started it earlier!

Brian

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hdmd88 said:
7500 rpms........wow! must be a over square motor with HEAVY valve spring pressure, it would scare me to run a stroker that high, lol.
Are you running a 2.1 intake and a 1.75 exhaust valves?
I had a 116.5 sporty for the strip that put out 182 hp and 167 tq but it didn't run worth crap below 3500 rpm.
It is one of our 114" kits. 4.250 bore x 4.00. Plus we lightened the crank by about 3 pounds. We are running a 2.1 x 1.7 in an STD casting of our design. Spring pressure is 200# with 450# over the nose. Nuthin' spectacular. It's a beehive setup so we can get away with a little lighter loads. I really wish that they had started the pull earlier because the thing is SOOO civil down low as well. Notice where the torque is even at the beginning of the pull. Don't even need the comp releases. Thanks for the comps!

Brian

·
Registered
266 Posts
other heads

Brian,
Do you have any dyno numbers for the 114 build with other heads and the Red Shift 647 for a comparision? Such as your stage II or III heads with that cam? I wonder how much improvement there is with the STD heads over your heads, modified stock heads 2" intakes etc..

STB

·
Registered
275 Posts
I can't see the dyno , but just wondering what lifters you are useing? and would bike just be used for sort rides or drags with 200pound valve seat spring pressure?
thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Brian,
As you know, I intentionally undercammed my engine for the riding I do and I might be considering the 647 Red Shift. I always thought that cam might be a better cam for big CI engines as opposed to the 657, and it appears you proved it. Anyway, after visiting with you this morning, I hope you are able to post the numbers for your reworked HD heads with the 647 cam so we can see the 30 hp or so the STD reworked heads add to the engine. I am interested in the torque curve differences between both sets of heads with that cam, too. You may recall that I run the DTT WEGO II efi with the 57mm Kuryakyn (6.1 gram p/s Marren injectors). My spring pack should hold the 647 RedShift (AV&V big base at 185 lbs seat pressure, flurocoated) and my recollection is that the piston to valve clearance can handle .700 lift (I will verify this as well as compression which ought to be 10.2 to 1 ratio at present. I could trim the cylinder bottoms for a positive deck height to increase the compression ratio if necessary for the 647 Red Shift cam while leaving squish at .030" cometic). I guess you see where I might be headed with my bagger. KT set up the valve train geometry and I have his spec/assembly sheet. I have a set of Stock black take off heads (pre 05) on the shelf, so............. .

Here's hoping you have a prosperous 2006.

STB/Counselor ;-)

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Counselor!

Greatly enjoyed hearing from you. There are some pretty comparable dyno sheets on our site www.revperf.com for the 114's with an OEM casting. Numbers in the 130-138rwhp/135-140ft/lb range can be expected and should satisfy anybodies "grocery getting" needs. :brows:

To answer the lifter question. That motor uses our new "Hydro Rev" lifters. VERY similar to the Jim's Hydrosolids except they come in approx. 23 grams lighter and are about half the retail cost. Interested? I actually haven't even posted them on the website because we have been testing them with different seat pressures and rpm scenarios. I think they passed.:brows:

Brian

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am interested in the lifters, too. Will they work with travel limiters? Supposedly my Feulings won't but some have used them on Feuling lifters, I hear. Interesting concept: lifter weight reduction. I assume the durability is there.

Ok, I will check your website for the stage II etc heads with that cam. I might check into your beehive springs since they don't have the friction loss/heat generated by an inner spring. KT had a set and they looked trick/stout.

Thanks for the reply.

STB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts