V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have good/bad feedback on the Indy shops around Richmond, VA?

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you're willing to come north about 40 minutes to Fredericksburg, I'd recommend Twin Jugs.

Great shop with extremely competent wrenches who actually care about your bike.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I don't have a recommendation, but I will not go to Departure. service prices are pretty high (higher than the local dealers)and the guys that were behind the counter when I have been in there haven't exactly been helpful or all that nice.
But hey, that is just one persons expirience.

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
Pro Street Cycles

Anyone deal with:

Pro Street Cycles
8075 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Richmond, Virginia 23237

For those who have dealt with Twin Jugs, what type of work did they do for you? They seem pretty friendly and willing to offer advice and help!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Twin Jugs installed and tuned my race tuner, as well as the 16" apes I just had put on. They also took care of some issues that I was having with the fit of my rineharts (the mufflers had too large a diameter at the intake to fit properly).

I have also had a couple of services performed there as well..their prices are competitive with the stealers..and you can be sure they actually check the things they say they check.

They really take care of your bike while it is there and make sure you understand what you need and why you need it.

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
I appreciate the feedback about Twin Jugs. I wasn't aware that they had the ability to also tune bikes. Do they have a dyno or are they using some other means of tuning? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
They do have a dyno. When Todd tuned my bike it was more of an actual rideability tune for lack of a better term. I told him I could care less about what a dyno says, I want to feel the difference in the bike. They put a lot of miles on the RK to make sure the maps were proper, and when they could be tweaked, they were.

They had tons of time in my bike, but charged me what I feel was a fair price. My RK runs extremely well....the noticeable difference in power and rideability was worth it. I have yet to find a flat spot or other problem area. From talking to others who have had their bikes dyno'd I wouldn't have changed a thing about the way they tuned my bike.

They keep great records of the work they perform, which eases concerns about warranty problems down the road.

·
In the wind and Loving it
363 Posts
I have had some work done at Pro Street Cycles and can tell you John and his crew are good people. His rates are good and John will sit down and talk to you about what you are looking for. John also has his own dyno.
I plan on having them do my build. Either a 107 or a 116 (just takes the cash). I like the hp and tq numbers. Give them a call and tell them Bill C. sent you.[/QUOTE]:thumbsup: ~!Awesome!
http://www.prostreetcycles.net/pages/1/index.htm

rodriguc said:
Anyone deal with:

Pro Street Cycles
8075 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Richmond, Virginia 23237

For those who have dealt with Twin Jugs, what type of work did they do for you? They seem pretty friendly and willing to offer advice and help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts