V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Rinehart true duals and a Terry componets closed loop system. Right from the start the rear pipe was glowing red. Found exhaust gasket leaking, replaced the james gaskets with the better OEM gaskets.Still glowing red, found cap missing on vacume test port replaced cap still glowing. I have talked to Rinhart,there suggestion was to call Terry componets. After many calls and doing everything they have suggested, still running lean on the rear. After checking the plugs a few times the front running alittle rich and the rear lean. Bike ran better before with stock pipes, slip ons, stage 1 ac and a stage one flash. Was told this problem has never happened before. Is there anything anybody can suggest to try? Has anybody had this problem and what did you do to fix it?

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
RDKG2 said:
I installed Rinehart true duals and a Terry componets closed loop system. Right from the start the rear pipe was glowing red. Found exhaust gasket leaking, replaced the james gaskets with the better OEM gaskets.Still glowing red, found cap missing on vacume test port replaced cap still glowing. I have talked to Rinhart,there suggestion was to call Terry componets. After many calls and doing everything they have suggested, still running lean on the rear. After checking the plugs a few times the front running alittle rich and the rear lean. Bike ran better before with stock pipes, slip ons, stage 1 ac and a stage one flash. Was told this problem has never happened before. Is there anything anybody can suggest to try? Has anybody had this problem and what did you do to fix it?
Get rid of that closed loop and go with a SERT or PCIIIUSB and have it properly tuned. That is the best suggestion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts