V-Twin Forum banner

Revtech vs Screaming Eagle 95" kit

9K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  adlerx 
#1 ·
Still at it.....any differences in these kits??? Getting a lot of advice on 95" with cam or not and then of course Heads/Cams etc. HD kit $650 on ebay Revtech $450...can you say Bigboyz head work?! with the savings....CSM-H

#4 ·
Rev tech....

SEDELUXE and all, thanks...that was the response I was looking for, CSM-H

SEDELUXE said:
if you are willing to save a few bucks and want to get off real cheap dont do anything. Revtech might be cheaper but i am sure youll pay for it some where else. Bean does it all he will get it done right for ya. sacraficing price for quality is just a no-no. you have read it here many times trust me .

#7 ·
I'm assuming you are going to do all the labor yourself? If so ... why not bring your existing cylinders in for boring, and send your heads out for porting? Then all you are looking at is a set of cams and pistons (and of course the corresponding gaskets.

I'd be interested in seeing what Screaming Eagle "Kit" you get for $650.

As far as Revtech ... I have no idea about their "Kits", but I know a few people who have RevTech engines and they are nothing but trouble. The one that I know of that seemingly didn't have any issues .... had to be totally rebuilt with less than 20,000 miles on it. Maybe these guys were just unlucky, but personally, I wouldn't buy anything from RevTech.

#8 ·
Revteck vs Screaming Eagle..

thundercatken...The basic 95" Big Bore kit...cylinders, pistons and AC and back plate part number 29860-04A for $639.95.....CSM-H

thundercatken said:
I'm assuming you are going to do all the labor yourself? If so ... why not bring your existing cylinders in for boring, and send your heads out for porting? Then all you are looking at is a set of cams and pistons (and of course the corresponding gaskets.

I'd be interested in seeing what Screaming Eagle "Kit" you get for $650.

As far as Revtech ... I have no idea about their "Kits", but I know a few people who have RevTech engines and they are nothing but trouble. The one that I know of that seemingly didn't have any issues .... had to be totally rebuilt with less than 20,000 miles on it. Maybe these guys were just unlucky, but personally, I wouldn't buy anything from RevTech.

#10 ·
CSM-H said:
thundercatken...The basic 95" Big Bore kit...cylinders, pistons and AC and back plate part number 29860-04A for $639.95.....CSM-H
{salute( $502.98 from Zanotti's HD

For the little over $50. is it worth it ? :unsure:

#11 ·
The S.E. kit I bought on Ebay cost me $440 with shipping it included

1.Pistons, pins and rings
2. Cylinders
3. 203 Cams
4. A.C. and backing plate
5. Gaskets and o-rings
6. Different clutch spring

Seemed like an O.K. deal although I know nobody likes the 203's.

Murf2

#12 ·
OK, I know you wanna do a build without heads. Why not get your cylinders bored (much better idea than buying SE heads and revtech should br off the table for you by now), usually under $150. SE flat tops about $120 shipped from an online dealer. SE or Big Sucker ac, $100 shipped from ebay, pretty much always availabe and sometimes alot less $$. TW 26 chain cams. Should be able to get a set for under $250, I see them go regularly on ebay for under $150. V&H propipe, $400 shipped brand new but available used on ebay weekly for under $250 shipped gasket set, let's call it 100 to be on the high side, can find em for about $70 shipped. So, there you have it from bone stock to enough to make you need longer sleeves in your shirt and moke that bagger flat run even uphill passing a truck!
There you go, less than a grand and I think you'll be surprised. Spend another $400 on big boyz heads ccd and shipped and you'll be smiling for a long time. I promise...

That's doin' it on the cheap, worked for me...Kinda...

Spend a little more with a site sponser and it'll be worth it....

#13 ·
Revteck vs. Screaming Eagle

adlerx, finally.. it was never about the money or the heads, it was the build for the money...Bang for the buck on a heavy bike and how to get good/great power and realiability.....wondering about the "kinda" comment at the end though. thanks, CSM-H

adlerx said:
OK, I know you wanna do a build without heads. Why not get your cylinders bored (much better idea than buying SE heads and revtech should br off the table for you by now), usually under $150. SE flat tops about $120 shipped from an online dealer. SE or Big Sucker ac, $100 shipped from ebay, pretty much always availabe and sometimes alot less $$. TW 26 chain cams. Should be able to get a set for under $250, I see them go regularly on ebay for under $150. V&H propipe, $400 shipped brand new but available used on ebay weekly for under $250 shipped gasket set, let's call it 100 to be on the high side, can find em for about $70 shipped. So, there you have it from bone stock to enough to make you need longer sleeves in your shirt and moke that bagger flat run even uphill passing a truck!
There you go, less than a grand and I think you'll be surprised. Spend another $400 on big boyz heads ccd and shipped and you'll be smiling for a long time. I promise...

That's doin' it on the cheap, worked for me...Kinda...

#15 ·
CSM-H said:
adlerx, finally.. it was never about the money or the heads, it was the build for the money...Bang for the buck on a heavy bike and how to get good/great power and realiability.....wondering about the "kinda" comment at the end though. thanks, CSM-H
First let me say I left out the two most important parts of the whole build, TUNE and TUNING DEVICE. Plan on a thousand for these, if you get a SERT for $380 shipped and a tune for $450, you'll be doing great. Or that build is so common that you can get a PCIII from Fuelmoto with a map installed (they have the largest library anywhere) for about $300 shipped and call it good, alot of people do...
The "kinda" thing was that my bike was a 2001 with Magnetti Marelli EFI. My motor was awesome and I never had a problem with that but...
The MM/EFI was a whole different story, especially with a built motor. So I spent two seasons chasing that before I finally did what I should have done day 1 and switched it to carb. Anyhow, that was the kinda thing, the motor itself never waivered , dyno'd on lots of different dyno machines lowest it ever showed was 95hp/105tq. Now, that wasn't a 26 build, it was a 37 but pretty much everything I posted holds true and the guys with baggers and 26builds are a pretty happy lot.
I totally agree that you need to find a tuner before you start any build. these things are not easy to tune apperently and very few guys can tune em and NONE guarantee their tunes so be prepared and if you find a tuner who tells you he can tune it for for $200, RUN!!

Listen, I am no wrench but I have read every single one of these threads for 4 years as well as the results threads.(OK, I have no life...) I have done a build and struggled with a tune on a common build and been close the many more. Listen to the proven combinations, it's easy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.