V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,
what does this mean to you er the bike?
if my bike has this engine does it mean it's not a harley?i have friends who wants me to sell this bike and get a "pure" harley...pls enlighten me. thanks...

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Hi rouel74,
Why not visit Custom Chrome website and read a little about the engine. (You can do a Google search "revtech".) Its not a "pure" Harley if any at all, I believe you said it was registered as a "custom......". That's what it is. If you are a purist, then follow your friends advice, if you like the bike (and Harley will vibrate also, that's embedded!) the f;;k 'em and enjoy the ride!

See this thread;
http://209.151.86.249/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4878

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you like you bike, and it runs ok, tell them to kiss your ass.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Stands for "reverse technology", to put it mildly.

There are good aftermarket engines like S&S or Merch for instance. I have never seen anyone with a RevTech engine or gearbox that did not have major problems, but I suppose that under really light duty they might survive for a while.

·
Registered
276 Posts
revtech does not have a great rep, there's a revtech motor down at the shop I go to that has been nothing but trouble........

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 100 in revtech and no problems with it meanwhile my nephew has been rebuilt his s&s twice since i have had mine i hear people say bad things about revtech but it is always i heard this or i heard that i have yet to find anyone that owns one say anything bad about them

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Do a search on revtech oil filter they are JUNK just like all their products.

The 6 speed tranny they have shifts like a mack truck . You get what you pay for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts