V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Hi again:

Does anyone know how or where to purchase Revtech engine manuals?

Thanks for any info!
I have what they send with there motors
what are ya looking at? maybe I can help ya out
spilt the cases on one twice so been there!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Saw your reply to the fellow seeking a manual for his Revtech. I would like to jump in here as you have torn one down and I have been looking for some advice on re-installing the heads on my 110. I'm in the process of having compression release valves installed but cannot find any listings for torque specs or tightening sequence for the head bolts, rocker arm bolts etc. I have a Gen III engine and when I pulled the heads there were no head gaskets either..!! To say I was somewhat surprised is an understatement...!! Is there some particular surface preparation required before putting the heads back on..? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Bob

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Hi, Saw your reply to the fellow seeking a manual for his Revtech. I would like to jump in here as you have torn one down and I have been looking for some advice on re-installing the heads on my 110. I'm in the process of having compression release valves installed but cannot find any listings for torque specs or tightening sequence for the head bolts, rocker arm bolts etc. I have a Gen III engine and when I pulled the heads there were no head gaskets either..!! To say I was somewhat surprised is an understatement...!! Is there some particular surface preparation required before putting the heads back on..? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Bob

here is a few pics
my R/T had heads set up for dual plugs so I just but releases in the extra hole for the spark plug.
the tightening sequence is the same for a stock evo motor.
the tq, specs are 40 ft pds. dont do any of that 20-25 ftp then mark and turn 90 deg or 1/2 -3/4 turn stuff. go in the sequence for stock evo and go in 5 ft pd increments until 40 then your done. be careful because when I got to 35 and went to 40 I striped out 2 studs in the case. I had to helicoil them then. the studs are just threaded into alum in the case.
just make sure the surface is clean when installing the o-ring head gasket.
rocker arm support plate bolts 20-22 ft lbs
rocker cover bolts 15-18 ft lbs
rocker housing bolts 120-170 in-lbs
you can use sportster evo style rocker cover gasket instead of R/T brand. If I can help any further let me know
Good luck

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
sorry I dont know why they turned out so big . (pics)
One other suggestion if you have your heads off already you might consider installing new valve guides in the exhaust. they are know for coming loose. get some .002 over (or whatever your head guy recommends) Rowe guides.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Many thanks... Unfortunatley I have single plug heads so all the machining has to be done. Would have been nice if they installed them in the first place. Don't worry about the size of the photos... I'm as blind as a bat anyhow so I can read them without my glasses..!! Cheers and all the best for the Festive Season. Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yo bob only first gen1 100" needed compression relief valves they used custom grind Andrews cam shafts for easier start in gen2 88, 100" motors and installed cap bolts to plug up the Xtra hole in the head
Many thanks... Unfortunatley I have single plug heads so all the machining has to be done. Would have been nice if they installed them in the first place. Don't worry about the size of the photos... I'm as blind as a bat anyhow so I can read them without my glasses..!! Cheers and all the best for the Festive Season. Bob
Did you swap out cam ? From what I've read gen3 and gen4 didn't have compression valves or issues with starting , I have a gen2 100" that had been mistreated by previous riders and so it goes apperantly at some point it
got hot enough to blue the center rod from end cap half way up to the wrist pin it bent the rear intake valve and broke off a chunk of the valve guide! that must have made one hell of a WTFWThatcouldnt be good noise that obviously got ignored and so starts my Revtech gen2 101 jurney learning all the doose the donts the wills the wonts And possibly the impossible ! So I decided to put to good use some new parts from a bike build that never got off the ground so I started by splitting the case and replacing the lower rotating assembly, I installed a new S&S 88" Evo stroker crank into the RevTech cases it was an instant love affair a perfectly balanced crank that builds more momentum with each and every rotation .I am installing a new Andrews ev46 cam and lifters adjustable pushrods cam gear ⚙ oil pump drive gears, tossing out revignition and going with a ultra2000 , replacing 1 damaged intake valve guide and both intake valves solid stainless , I've got a used makuni carb for sell or trade perfect for use on go cart or atv , got a great deal from a buddy on a new shorty E and a nostalgic two throat complete with orig. air scoop and intake manifold leaning towards the shorty E either way it's a huge upgrade for performance ,tuning and reliability hands down no comparison needed makuni must be a CCI product like RevTech otherwise it would have came with an S&S carb to begin with ,and so in as much as it will be Needing unrestricked fuel flow I replaced the foreign junk wit a new free flowing pingel petcock of course and to top off with NGK Iridium plugs and custom made by yours truly MSG 8.5mm plug wires. Luckily my head's are already made for duel plugs so most likely I will remove cap bolts and install manual compression release valves to compensate for cam and stroker crank changes. That pretty much is the just of it all I am hoping for the best outcome using what parts I had available .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts