V-Twin Forum banner

121 - 140 of 194 Posts

·
Now a bagger boy
156 Posts
I have an older unit that was on bike a friend got recently, but there are no numbers per say. It just has little lines that would be where the numbers are on a watch or wall clock. If you turn the dial all the way counter clock wise, that would be position number 1. The next line is number 2, ect. I am far from an expert on these. Hope this helps.

comando

·
Registered
3 Posts
DFO Shows no performance effect

Have 2005 Road King and dropped $156 for the Rev Tech DFO.. The Install was almost ok cept that intructions dont tell you bout the wiring harness restriction on the tank for ingintion wires. Everything else went well and the unit did not cause any abnormal poping on decel.. Also more importantly is that I dont see or feel much performance increase if any..

Have Rhinharts pipes with stage 1 down load and settings were tried at
3-3-4-4 at first then went to 3-6-4-4 and expected to feel something ..
It dosnt feel like its doing anything and I hammer it on roll on..

Am I missing something or are the effects that subtle with the stage 1 download?

·
Now a bagger boy
156 Posts
Vjmarin said:
Have 2005 Road King and dropped $156 for the Rev Tech DFO.. The Install was almost ok cept that intructions dont tell you bout the wiring harness restriction on the tank for ingintion wires. Everything else went well and the unit did not cause any abnormal poping on decel.. Also more importantly is that I dont see or feel much performance increase if any..

Have Rhinharts pipes with stage 1 down load and settings were tried at
3-3-4-4 at first then went to 3-6-4-4 and expected to feel something ..
It dosnt feel like its doing anything and I hammer it on roll on..

Am I missing something or are the effects that subtle with the stage 1 download?

Not that I am an expert, but I think that the numbers givin are a little high. I now have mine set at 3, 2.25, 2.75. At these settings it feels better. I only got in a short ride, but it did feel crisper. Maybe you should try turning it down a little like 3, 2, 2.5. See if she wakes up.

comando

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dont like to admit im wrong but????

Thanks for a reply.. Im a full time techie but have to admit i screwed up..upon mounting the dfo up and down you have to remember to orient urself so the unit is right side up to make adjustments.. i read it upside down. what a shithead.. also I need reading glasses to get em right on..
must a had a few

made adjustments and will see..

·
Registered
349 Posts
FreakStyle said:
2001 Road King Classic, Supertrapp Pipes, Screamin Eagle Stage 1 AC.

Getting 43 Miles To The gallon...

-2$en#e-
What made you go to as high as 7? Isn't your recommend 3344?

·
Registered
61 Posts
i'm sure this has been asked and answered already but...will the dfo cover pipe and air cleaner up-grades without any computer down loads? i have a 01 flhtcui and want the se air cleaner #29489-99c and the performance touring exhaust #65259-00 and each says they require downloads...whats the scoop?

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's cause S.E. want you to pay for downloads. No, it's not a requirment, but the downloads do other things like removing the rev limiter I think, etc. I don't whale on my bike to ever hit a rev limiter, so It was never necessary for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm running the complete 95" big bore II set up in an 05' FLHRCI with Andrews TW26G gear cams,S.E filter,stage II download,Wild Pigs. DFO: 3,3,3,4 getting 43.7 MPG and this pig has wings.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I have an 05 FXDLi Low Rider with 1550 BB w/ 10.25:1 pistons, stock cams, SE Air Cleaner, and V&H Big Radius pipes and Dealer ECM download. What settings should I start out with the DFO?

Thanks,
Thorns

·
Registered
61 Posts
i took my lean, irratic idling and slow speed stubbling 2001 flhtcui to my v-twin guru...collin county v-twin...and he installed a dfo,and a/n big sucker, and i installed some wild pig slip-on mufflers and OH MY GOSH WHAT A DIFFERENCE...smooth idle, even slow speed rpm, great classic american v-twin sound...$500 dollars worth of adds made my bike that cost $17k to $18k worth every penny. why could'nt it have come equipped this way from the factory? yeah, yeah i know EPA...now on to putting an end to all the valve train noise...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looking for setting suggestions for my ride. '04 Heritage Classic, V & H Bigshot Staggared with baffles removed, stage 1 upgrade, new Andrews 26g cams, S & S 4 gear drive and Techlusion's module. My initial setup from the cam, gear and TFI install was G 5,Y 6:30, R 5, RPM 5.

At idle, the sound was wonderful, the cams made for a nice low idle with the typical hot rod type of lug. I had a missing at low throttle however that I didn't like and my mileage was reduced about 25%. I read up on this forum and Techlusion and discovered I was set too rich and the bike was loading up.

I've reset to G 2:30, Y 3, R 3, RPM 7 based on my reading. The bike runs better, miss is practically gone but I lost that low idle that I loved. I've left a question at Techlusion's forum last week but no response so I thought I'd take advantage of the collective wisdom here at VTF.

Any suggestions for minor tweaks to get that idle back down and still have the performance? Thanks much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed the DFO on my 05 RG last week. Bike is stock except for Samson "Rolled Thunder" slip ons and a SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner. The ECM has not been flashed. I used the initial settings recomended by Dobeck Performance. The bike runs great. I am totally satisfied with the performance!

My question is because the ECM is stock, what if I am in the middle of BFE and the DFO quits. Will the bike run lean enough to cause damage?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Brrujo said:
I installed the DFO on my 05 RG last week. Bike is stock except for Samson "Rolled Thunder" slip ons and a SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner. The ECM has not been flashed. I used the initial settings recomended by Dobeck Performance. The bike runs great. I am totally satisfied with the performance!

My question is because the ECM is stock, what if I am in the middle of BFE and the DFO quits. Will the bike run lean enough to cause damage?
I'm looking a the unit on a website. With the model for an '05 HD, did you have to tap into the wiring harness, or was id plug-n-play? The picture make is look like you do not have to tap the harness. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I just installed mine today on my 05 deluxe with a stage 1 download , se air filter and v&h bigshots long . The bike now runs smoother and best of all no more decel popping , going to fine tune the #2 pot a little more and see what that does.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Brrujo said:

Hey Brrujo,
I have the same setup on my FLHX. What was your recommended setting from Dobeck? Mine runs great with the recommended 2:45, 4:30, 4, 4 but it does pop (more of a gurgle) on hard decel. Let me know how yours has been running, any changes to settings?
Dan

121 - 140 of 194 Posts