V-Twin Forum banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
07 FLHXI setting?

Have a 07 FLHXI , fatcat, ness big sucker, was wondering if anyone has the 07 units and what setting changes they ended up with, on a bagger. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
07 Tfi

Installed Rinehart true duel's, K&N and a Dobeck TFI (the new type with O2 eliminators) on a 07 ultra.
I used the supplied stage one setting for 2 tanks and was getting 39-42 mpg 2up about the same as stock. The bike ran GREAT no more heat problems!

I bumbed up the first 3 setting 1/2 a notch just to see effect - juries still out, the weather has taken a real bad turn here I'm looking to see if milage drops if it does i'll reset the first setting (green) and go from there.

The TFI seems the way to go if you are going stage one.

This set up seems to get rid of the 5th gear whine.
(might be the rineharts)

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Settings

'06 FLHTI, SE aircleaner, stage 1 download, '07 mufflers

Green 2:45
Yellow 3
Red 3:30
RPM 4

Jury's out on MPG, but what a difference! Bike accelerated through the mountain passes in top gear!

Made the exhaust sound deeper also.

Cheers!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Settings // 04 FLHRCI // How I got There...

(seperate post in the Settings Thread with just da facts...)

04 FLHRCI
No Flash/Download
Arlen Ness Big Sucker
RineHart Slip-Ons
Dobeck/Rev-Tech DFO

Green: 1:45
Yellow: 3:00
Red: 4:00
RPM: 4:00

The Details:
------------------------------------------
Started with the recommended basic settings of 3-3-4-4. (No, I did not do the By-the-Book run-thru) Researched enough to know that basic set + tweaking would get me there, so far, so good...

Ok I THOUGHT, I had RPM set at "4", more on that in a minute...

Green:

3:00 on GREEN was plenty fine I'm sure, nice pop and response but first mileage check showed just spendin' cash for gas (36-37 MPG) so some tweaking was necessary since I ride most every day, and MPG is an issue.

Decided to tweak it down as long as there were no too-lean issues... Found that at about 1:30, almost the same MPG as now (See RPM below) with slight back-burbling at no-throttle coast and de-celleration, no real "popping" on de-cell though and I decided I could bump it back up a bit and did so to where I am now, call it 1:45 (pushing 2:00) That adjustment is so fine, and there was a diffference and I could barely discern any movement in the pot and the back-burbling disappeared with the slightest Up-adjustment to the 1:45 or so.

Yellow:

Started on 3:00 and have left it, no surging, no hesitation on quick throttle up.

Red:

Started at 4:00 and have left it.

RPM:

First set at what I thought was 4:00, on closer inspection when re-setting the GREEN to where I am now, I noticed the RED was sitting at more like 3:30. During some early MPG-checks I think I was probably sparkin' off the RED pot at around 3500 RPM when I really didn't need it, I don't live in the 4K RPM range, btw.

I think the combination of fine-setting that RPM pot to right on 4:00 and the up-tweak of the GREEN probably balanced each other out in the MPG category. I realize the MPG gain in the up-tweak of the RPM from 3500 to 4000 will be minimum; but, it does seem to be the case as the longest mileage run I have done to date, 172 miles with this current setting showed even slightly better MPG than the previous with the GREEN set lower, at about 1:30. Pushing 2:00 now from about 1:45.

Hope this helps any looking for this much detail on the fine-tuning.
It's not brain-scientry, just takes a little patience.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MPG: 39.3 to 39.8 around town (about 8 seperate fill-ups from short segments, 85-95 miles or so to the last which was almost to the idiot light at 172 miles, most from 110 to 135 miles) Total stock MPG was anywhere from 36+ to 40 (depending on circumstances), amazing to me that the MPG's to this point have remained consistent with-in about .5 mpg so far.

(around town for me is back-forth to work, 35 Mile round-trip with about 1/3 of that on Military base with 20- 30 - 45 mph speed zones all over the place, not exactly conducive to great MPG)

Road MPG: yet to be determined (maybe today, if the truck battery is dead, long story......will post when determined)​

·
Registered
90 Posts
MPG Update to Above

04 FLHRCI
No Flash/Download
Arlen Ness Big Sucker
RineHart Slip-Ons
Dobeck/Rev-Tech DFO

The Settings remain the same.

G: 1:45
Y: 3:00
R: 4:00

RPM: 4:00

(almost) Full-Run with the RPM adjusted to more-true 4:00 and the GREEN at 1:45 yielded 40.3 MPG on a 153 mile run, (around-town miles as described above)​

·
Registered
786 Posts
Have you tried setting the rpm pot to 7? Try setting to 7 and see if your idle rpm drops a bit. By setting the rpm pot to the 7 setting the DFO will not be allowed to add fuel under 1250 rpm. At 1000 rpm with too rich idle you get lousy fuel milage;) The stock ecm usually runs a tad rich at idle anyway so this should help a bit. When you set the rpm to 7 it automatically defaults the pot to 4, just not allowing fuel addition below 1250 rpm. Try it.
AP

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 07 Dyna Street Bob. My set-up; K&N air filter, stage one download, SE street performance mufflers. My bike ran well but ran hot. In (+) 100* heat my bike would get ridiculously hot and would ping. I installed the Revtech DFO 601208 (same as 1250ST). The recommended settings were 2-1/2, 3-1/2, 3-1/2, 4. In talking with Matt at Dobeck, he suggested running the middle two settings at 3 due to the stage one download. I ran the bike approximately 100 miles through varying conditions all back road riding. The bike ran well, only a subtle improvement in performance, but it did run cooler. I have an EGA so I set the green pot at 2, which brought the AF from 12.8/1 to 13.5/1. Throttle response is awesome now and the bike is very smooth. Mildly aggressive back road riding nets about 39.5 mpg. If I relax, my average fuel goes up to 45mpg. Prior to the Revtech, my best mileage was 42. I've only got about 350 miles with the new set-up, but so far no ping, no surge, no popping, and I couldn't be happier.

Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 FLHTC Cobalt & Pewter
Revtech DFO
Python Slip-ons
K&N RK-3909 A/C

Hello Don from Maine here.:)

I need help. My gas mileage has fallen into the 30 MPG range since I installed the DFO and started screwing with the settings. I must have buggered something. :eek: I'm starting over. Anyone running a similar set up? I did my install just before snow fell last fall and am just getting riding this spring. I'm going to take the bike out today and start over with step 1.

To set this pot, make sure the motorcycle is up to a full operating temperature, then while in neutral, pick a fast idle that is not easy to hold a steady rpm (V-twins 1800-2200 rpm and multiple cylinders 2500-3000 rpm), hold the throttle at that spot and then slowly and evenly turn the green pot clockwise from its minimum setting, while listening to the exhaust sound. You should hear the exhaust sound change form an irregular and uneven sound to an even and smooth one. You may also see an increase in rpm as you increase fuel, and if you continue to increase fuel past this point to where the revs start to fall back away, then you can stop and start returning the pot screw back to a point half way between where the exhaust note first smoothed out and the point where the highest rpm starts to fall away.
My question is will I be ok running the bike around for few miles to get her warm with all pots set to off? Or will I do damage by running too lean? Any advise would be appreciated.

TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Have A 03 Fatboy Fuel Injected. Pipes Without Baffles And A Forcewinder Intake. Does Anyone Know More Or Less What My Dfo Settings Should Be? I Have No Instructions For It.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2003 Ultra Classic
95" kit
stage 2 flash
se air cleaner
203 cams
thunder header
mild head work

I get a great deal of popping on decel. I have been adjusting my dfo but with out getting the decel popping to go away. Do you think if I set the rpm pot to 7 I would be able to eliminate or at least reduce the popping?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 2003 Ultra Classic
95" kit
stage 2 flash
se air cleaner
203 cams
thunder header
mild head work

I get a great deal of popping on decel. I have been adjusting my dfo but with out getting the decel popping to go away. Do you think if I set the rpm pot to 7 I would be able to eliminate or at least reduce the popping?
I have an 01' FXSTDi and i was getting a lot of decel popping. I'm not sure what number mines at now but i up'd my RPM and it helped. I still dont think its properly adjusted though. :dunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2000 Road King with Fuel Injection. Is the RevTech DFO Digital Fuel optimizer worth the effort? I have Screaming Eagle duals and a Stage 1 Kit with a K&W filter.
Also are they hard to install? Thanks...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a 2000 Road King Police with a RevTech DFO. I had a two into one Patriot exhaust and stepped up chain drive cam setup. The DFO worked great. Very easy to install. Plugs right in to your injector harnesses. Easy to tune the bike right where you want it.

181 - 194 of 194 Posts