V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would drop a note and let ya'll know about some new products from the Revperf skunk works that just hit the front page! d'Wrench is already up to speed as well. www.revperf.com Trust me when I tell you that, for a big motor, these things friggin rock!

Thanks for the oportunity to jump in the sand box every now and then!

'M out,

BN

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Here are the flow sheets from Rev, I am currently doing a build with the cast heads on a 98 now . I plan on using a set of the billets on my own 124 to see what they do 180 hp would be NICE!!!

Also I am now offering CNC ported heads with a D port exhaust, and I will have flow sheets for those soon. I am going to keep my current pricing on the heads. I am working on a exchange program this will allow for faster turn around time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Looks like one has to pay $15 to view the flow sheets!
Maybe you could just say what the lift and pressure is for the 370cfm port flow.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Here is a picture of my next set for my little engine. Can't wait!!! hmm add those and bump to a 131 . I know Brian leave it alone I heard you , I just want MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Bit those are way to shiney maybe some flat black BBQ Paint now we are talking, No shiny stuff for me, as the rest of the bike is getting blacked out, maybe throw some dirt on them ?? I could leave them shiny if I where to get a shirt but I dont see that happing ANY time in the near future.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Hope the cast are MINE .

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
Here is a picture of my next set for my little engine. Can't wait!!! hmm add those and bump to a 131 . I know Brian leave it alone I heard you , I just want MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Bit those are way to shiney maybe some flat black BBQ Paint now we are talking, No shiny stuff for me, as the rest of the bike is getting blacked out, maybe throw some dirt on them ?? I could leave them shiny if I where to get a shirt but I dont see that happing ANY time in the near future.
Hey Brian, no shirt for HD. He'd just stand there looking at himself in the shiny reflection....... !drunk!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
After a couple of emails back and forth, followed up by a phone conversation with Brian yesterday, I decided to order a set of these heads for my 117. I have never delt with RevPerf until yesterday, but I must say I was very impressed with the direction of the conversation. My current setup has me in the mid 140's Tq/Hp and I hope these heads will get me over the hump into the 150's. I will post when I get the heads and get everything dyno'd to let you how it turns out. Also, if anyone does do business with Brian, make sure you tell him you are a member of the forum......It is worth a discount on your order. He certainly treated me right.~!Awesome!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Nightrain, very nice looking heads. Should be an awesome set up. BTW don't let some on the other board know you have a six spd, they'll be telling you how much power it's robbing and that you could get 150 with a 5spd. Each to their own. I'm hpoing you get 160 with your build. Best wishes.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Thanks for the comments......that isn't the half of it. When I ran that dyno, my final gearing was 3.95 and I was told that cost me some hp, as well. I am back down to a more reasonable 3.47 final drive ratio now, but I am not getting rid of the Baker for anything.....I'll sacrifice the ponies for the luxury of keeping the Baker 6-Speed.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I told him to thunder jet the carb to fix the issue, not sure if he will drill the hole in the carb I think he is runnin scard!!!:roflback:

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Not scared at all.......Brian talked me into it the other day. I am sneaking up on the jetting. The wind was blowing about 40 miles an hour yesterday, so I really didn't get it out like I wanted to. I think I am on the right track, though.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Brian....I got the jetting figured out yesterday. The trick you advised me of worked just as you said it would. It pulls like a bitch now with no studdering whatsoever.......This Burns pipe has, like you said, made the other pipes obsolete. Thanks again for the great expertise. :thanks:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
nighttrain67 said:
This Burns pipe has, like you said, made the other pipes obsolete.
Never heard of this Burns pipe? What is it? Headers? For a carb?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
It is a custom made pipe (2 into 1) using a Burns Stainless Reverse Megaphone collector. Not really an off the shelf piece. If I could figure out how to post a picture I could show you a picture of the bike with the pipe on it. The Burns setup is generally regarded as a race pipe, that in my case, required some extra tuning because of the free flowing characteristics that gave me a reversion problem in the low-mid rpm ranges. I am running a Wood Super King 505 and had never been able to get the Burns pipe to work with the combination until Brian stepped in and helped me out with a suggestion based on his knowledge of this setup. Sure enough, it worked, just as he said it would.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
nighttrain67 said:
It is a custom made pipe (2 into 1) using a Burns Stainless Reverse Megaphone collector. Not really an off the shelf piece. If I could figure out how to post a picture I could show you a picture of the bike with the pipe on it. The Burns setup is generally regarded as a race pipe, that in my case, required some extra tuning because of the free flowing characteristics that gave me a reversion problem in the low-mid rpm ranges. I am running a Wood Super King 505 and had never been able to get the Burns pipe to work with the combination until Brian stepped in and helped me out with a suggestion based on his knowledge of this setup. Sure enough, it worked, just as he said it would.
Ahhhhhh sounds like something the wife would not like listening to after 1 hour on the road.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Your right.......Unless the OL is deaf as a doornail.....Ha Ha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.