V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 2001 Road King on a dealer floor here that was headed for Germany(I think). The license plate bracket is attached at the bottom of the rear fender. The speedo ihas been changed to MPH. What else would be changed? Does Germany require the same emisions as say our Calif bikes?
The bike shows (4) miles but is listed as used. It's been titled. It's a carb bike too. The nuts and bolts are beginning to show signs of oxidation. You know that powdery **** that show up over time.
The tag is $19,995 cough, cough, puke.

It's red pearl with laced wheels but other than that it's just a FHLR.

I wonder how much and how long the gas has been sitting in it.

Anyway, I thought I'd offer 15K +or- and see.....

Thoughts???

·
Registered
312 Posts
Way too much for a second class bike. Besides if it is a German Version you may have a hell of a fight to register it, if at all. That VIN will redflag it no matter what the dealer does to it. Lol offer him 12, explain how hard it could be to sell when you finish with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I figure any warranty it had has expired by now. I need to check if the "cam" issue is involved or resolved. That is probably OK.

I think I will walk in with some cash and make a low ball offer and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
The cam issue of the cams had been somewhat covered, HD sent out a warranty letter covering them. I'd be really worried about the title and registration. Had friends in the military, and it's a pain in the butt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts