V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
When I purchased my FXSTS, I also got the 5 year warranty & alarm. Since I do all of my own maintenance and I've changed numerous components that won't be covered under warranty, is it possible for me to "return" the warranty? I haven't owned the bike for a year yet so I'm not into the extension part.
Any thoughts?

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
Depends on your warranty. I checked into mine and it is fully refundable until the time it kicks in, however since the bike has a loan it goes to the lien holder.

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
vafatboy said:
Depends on your warranty. I checked into mine and it is fully refundable until the time it kicks in, however since the bike has a loan it goes to the lien holder.
Occasionally, you can get permission for the company to send you the money instead (what I did) and then you can spend that cash on your bike. Here comes a new set of bars and controls for me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info so far.
I can't really go back to the dealer I got it from....it was foreign military sales in Bahrain, while I was deployed.
I haven't even broke the mark for the standard warranty yet so I believe I should get the full cost of the extension. I dunno for sure though.
I don't care if they pay it to the lien holder or me. Makes no difference.
I guess I can call the MoCo and figure it all out.
Thanks again!

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
Hey bro, the number for overseas military sales is 1-800-732-2839.

Try giving them a call. Thats who I worked with on my warranty and I got my bike through them.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Frank.....
nail -----> head
Thanks a ton! Talk about shaving off a ton of legwork.
Called that number, got transferred to after-sales support, got all of the info I needed.
For anybody that's interested.....
I need to write up a quick letter stating I want to cancel the extended warranty.
I need to sign.
I need to have my phone number on it.
I need to write that I understand the check will be a 2 party check (myself & lienholder).
Fax to (516)677-3704 (ATTN: Anthony)

That's it! It's like making a $1000 payment on my bike!! Sweet!

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
C_H_A said:
Hey Frank.....
nail -----> head
Thanks a ton! Talk about shaving off a ton of legwork.
Called that number, got transferred to after-sales support, got all of the info I needed.
For anybody that's interested.....
I need to write up a quick letter stating I want to cancel the extended warranty.
I need to sign.
I need to have my phone number on it.
I need to write that I understand the check will be a 2 party check (myself & lienholder).
Fax to (516)677-3704 (ATTN: Anthony)

That's it! It's like making a $1000 payment on my bike!! Sweet!

Glad I could help! Nice payment :).

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
8-Ball said:
What about if you live in the states. Can you use the same number?
If you purchased your bike through the Overseas Military Car Sales, then you can call this number. If you bought your bike through a dealer, you need to contact the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts