V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode and raced dirt bikes 40 years ago when bones bent and tissue streched. Was diagnosed with a blood disorder(false) and quit doing it in the dirt. Went to street with a GS1100G dresser. Transferred to Ft. Worth Texas area in 89 with Highway Patrol(Chemist) and didn't feel comfortable riding up and there sold bike. Too many loonies. Moved to Joshua in 2000. Wife kept after me to go back to riding. I wonder if I have too much insurance. Bought an GL1800 because wife liked back seat. I have very short legs and didn't like the GL. Had wanted a Road Glide to start with and after 6 months traded the GL on a 2005 Road Glide with 3500 miles. Am much happier on the RG.
Am riding to Scouts tonite in full uniform. I do get a few strange looks.
Life begins at 62 and I do love to ride.

Looking forward to the forum.

Bob Browder

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
:welcome: Before you make any changes to your bike(you will), be sure to check the search feature or ask. I wish That i had done so. I really hate to buy a product and then have to buy another to do the job that the first won't. I could have saved $1500 or so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wecome back young fella! I took a few years off while I did a couple of army tours, but otherwise have bveen riding pretty much steady since 1956.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Well you ole fart that light buld in your head finally started flickering and your getting back where you belong. Welcome back now stay awhile.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ofscout said:
Rode and raced dirt bikes 40 years ago when bones bent and tissue streched. Was diagnosed with a blood disorder(false) and quit doing it in the dirt. Went to street with a GS1100G dresser. Transferred to Ft. Worth Texas area in 89 with Highway Patrol(Chemist) and didn't feel comfortable riding up and there sold bike. Too many loonies. Moved to Joshua in 2000. Wife kept after me to go back to riding. I wonder if I have too much insurance. Bought an GL1800 because wife liked back seat. I have very short legs and didn't like the GL. Had wanted a Road Glide to start with and after 6 months traded the GL on a 2005 Road Glide with 3500 miles. Am much happier on the RG.
Am riding to Scouts tonite in full uniform. I do get a few strange looks.
Life begins at 62 and I do love to ride.

Looking forward to the forum.

Bob Browder
FFS two old nutters join in the same week, bet I broke more bones that you pmsl Oh no you din't, Oh yes I did, Oh n................. seems a cool site

Ted from Scotland.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts