V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been going over my 2005 Softail Deluxe FLSTNI with a retro makeover and have finally finished Phase I of the project. So far, to add even more retro appeal to the already old school Deluxe, I went with the BB Reproduction saddlebags, nostalgic round air cleaner with SE A/C and Stage 1 ECM, H-D mustache bar, Heritage Classic bag guards, Corbin Classic Solo seat, H-D solo luggage rack, frenched lights, tear drop script mirrors, V&H Bigshot staggered exhaust, Metzeler ME880 wide whitewalls, chrome toolbox and layback license plate. Phase II of this project will most likely be a Stage II 95" kit.

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Ahhhhh Much better.

Seems as though I have seen that bike before but can't seem to place it. :huh:

Looking Great, I like the old style bags.

·
Registered
435 Posts
springer- said:
Ahhhhh Much better.

Seems as though I have seen that bike before but can't seem to place it. :huh:

Looking Great, I like the old style bags.
Current issue of American Iron magazine. It's even the same color. I guess great minds think alike. I would love to have a bike like that.

Tim

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
cs1 said:
Current issue of American Iron magazine. It's even the same color. I guess great minds think alike. I would love to have a bike like that.

Tim
Actually I was reffering to the banner the top of the page but is it in AIM?

Also did you send Bean an email because he has been trying to reply but it keeps getting returned, possibly your aol spam blocker settings or something. Anyways if you did and haven't heard from him, give him a call sometime.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
I have been going over my 2005 Softail Deluxe FLSTNI with a retro makeover and have finally finished Phase I of the project. So far, to add even more retro appeal to the already old school Deluxe, I went with the BB Reproduction saddlebags, nostalgic round air cleaner, H-D mustache bar, Heritage Classic bag guards, Corbin Classic Solo seat, H-D solo luggage rack, frenched lights, tear drop script mirrors, V&H Bigshot staggered exhaust, Metzeler ME880 wide whitewalls, chrome toolbox and layback license plate. Phase II of this project will most likely be a Stage II 95" kit.
Hey Chris...ya gonna put it together yourself...lemmie know if ya need any tools or help...DAMN, I better get busy scrapin together parts or I'm gonna be ridin' WAY in the back the next time you, Wyo and I go out!!!

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a comparison. The top bike is my project, the middle bike is the Klock Werks late model Fatboy in the November '05 AIM and at the bottom is the original, a late 50's/early60's FLH Duo-Glide. We're getting there!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Phase II of this project will most likely be a Stage II 95" kit.
Lookin' good Chris! :banana:

You know HD has a 113" inch kit out now, right? :brows:

·
Registered
453 Posts
While we are on the nostalgic kick, I thought I would post a couple of mine. My pics didn't turn out to well because of the light. I recently added the half-moon floorboards, I though they belonged on this bike.

I need to find a host server so I can show them bigger.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
69 Z-28 said:
I recently added the half-moon floorboards, I though they belonged on this bike.
Did you get the ones from Bubba's? They are sweeet.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ni-i-i-ce! I like the floor boards, and the round mirrors. You're kicking a$$ in the photo contest! Whose slip-ons are those? They look to narrow (streamlined) to be stockers and too long to be C/S?

·
Registered
453 Posts
bedemonster said:
Did you get the ones from Bubba's? They are sweeet.
Good em from M and M Cycles. They are HD issues. I really like them, to me the stock Deluxe footboards look like the old gas pedals from the 70's that looked like a big foot!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts