V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im using kieth black hypereutectis pistons on my bike and it states that with these low conductivitity pistons that i need toreduce total ignition timing by 2 to 4 degrees, final timing may vary on your application ie: nitos etc...

can i get some recomendations on how this is to be achieved, either through remapping or aftermarket ...thanks

1999 flht [ carb]
twin cam 95
screaming eagle ignition but stock coil.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The ignition timing curve would have to be changed. Some SE boxes allow you to reduce timing, some do not. There are a lot of programmable ignitions available in the aftermarket, and if it is pinging you need to fix it soon. KB hypers will not tolerate ignition knock.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok my name may fit as the guy said earlier, but i checked a few compoments and here ya go...

screaming eagle ignition 32790-99 6200 rpm rev-
screaming eagle coil 31707-99

im going to check these component to see what i actually have...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
correction

screaming eagle ignition 32750-99 6200 rpm rev-
screaming eagle coil 31707-9

according to online sources this module has a rev limit of 6200 and retards the timing up to 5 degrees,,works for me

·
Registered
552 Posts
I looked into these at the beginning of the year, and bought the one for stock compression, wich that ones for higher CP.
One thing I did learn is there was a recall on some of these manufactured before a certain date. check that out befor you lay out the cash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts