V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ketsu, Japanese for a$$
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the engine out of the bike this winter to do some corrosion control. I have the H-D tech manuals, but I'm confused about which gaskets and seals I'll need to replace. Could someone point out which I'll need by indentifing the index number from the parts manual?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sgt Ketsu said:
I'm taking the engine out of the bike this winter to do some corrosion control. I have the H-D tech manuals, but I'm confused about which gaskets and seals I'll need to replace. Could someone point out which I'll need by indentifing the index number from the parts manual?
Welcome to the Forum.

I just replace all gaskets/seals whenever I open something up. To me, it just isn't worth the $$ to risk a problem that would require a "do-over".

The correct Parts Manual is a GREAT asset when working with the parts guys, saves time, and you are more likely to get the correct parts.

·
Ketsu, Japanese for a$$
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply

Sounds like a good rule to go by. I looked for a complete set at J&P online but it is a little confusing. A quick email to them should clear up the problem. They have been very good about getting back to me in the past.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts