V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 SG and a 2009 Low Rider that I believe both take a H4 bulb. I was looking at Biker Hiway website and found this:
PIAA H4 Super Plasma GT-X Anti-Vibration Twin Beam Headlight Bulb

It puts out 135/125watt but only draws what a 60/55 watt bulb does. Has anyone tried one of these. I know that they are not legal for street use but since it is only a single headlight I dont think anyone would bother me. My concern is it worth changing out the bulbs and will it give me improved lighting?

Thanks

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
Typically, the anti vibration bulbs run lower wattage. The PIAA claims are not completely true.....how do you get 100+ watts of light with 55 watts?
They color the light, which further reduces the output, BUT>>>
the light may be a color temperature that helps oncoming drivers to see you, but won't put more light out in front....a reflector change is suggested, or at least a bulb with more wattage.....get 2 ..they burn out quicker.
Maybe try a 75/90....or a 75/100.

·
Registered
23 Posts
High Wattage bulbs

If you change to higher wattage bulbs, I would strongly recommend using a relay in the circuit to take the heat away from the stock wiring. It is not designed for more than the stock wattage bulb. I found that out the hard way. The result is melted wires and (unless you get lucky) a burning hulk on the side of the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts