V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Aftermarket or OEM?

hograzer said:
Are exact replacement bars available in chrome for a 2003 Deuce?
I don't like the stainless steel
Not much information to go on there, hograzer, some of us may be psychic but others are just plain psycho on this forum :wacko:

Have you tried Harley-Davidson.com

They are showing this for a start -

Chrome Handlebar for Softail® Deuce™ Models

Without sacrificing Softail Deuce styling, this chrome handlebar replaces the stock polished bar and brings the grips an inch and a half closer to the rider, providing a relaxed, comfortable riding posture.

56330-00

Or you can try CHUBBYS Wild One

Have fun................. :xhere:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
You can buy stock chrome replacements cheap, but if you want to step it up......

This is what I bought.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4302289407&bmUID=1143119454200&bmLocale=en_US

Not cheap.
The bars, risers and riser cover runs about $450.00 The labor for running the wires internally was another $200.00
But, you get the fat 1 1/4" Chrome Deuce bars, which I think are about as perfect as it gets, and you get clean internal wiring.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks but i did not wnt to mess with brake lines

i saw those chrome bars i did not like two things
brings the grips an inch and a half closer to the rider
and
(Requires the separate purchase of Black Brake Line Kit P/N 45344-00 or Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit P/N 44815-00A.)

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
I have the HD bars on my Deuce that bring the grips
1 1/2" closer, which are only available in 1" dia. They are not 1 1/4" dia. bars, that are the stock ones on the SE Deuces and they're not closer reach.
If you do get the bars I put on, you do not need the longer brake line as stated, but instead, you should get the longer clutch line instead...if you route the lines as stock. Somebody screwed up specifying the requirements in the HD catalog, and have heard others confirm this as well.
Anyway, made a world of difference in position and comfort for me. If you want take it to the next level of custom, opt for the Wild One 560's. Their position is a bit better, I just don't care for that look and the elimination of the stock risers.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The dimensions for the 56330-00 Deuce bars in the H-D catalog are wrong as stated. I had a set on my wide glide. You have to go back to a catalog 3 or 4 years old to get the correct dimensions. The current catalog shows 4.25" pullback; that's off by about 5".

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
didn't step up

Wild 1 560's cost: $160, install including internal wiring cost: 2 large pizzas, bag of chips, 12 pack Killians. However, hanging out in the garage wrenching with buddies... priceless.

Then again, I could of stepped up for a me too look and a few days without my bike.:ntlgh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts