V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 FXSTC with a 21" front wheel. I'd like to go to a 19" spoke wheel, such as the 19" X 2.5 that comes stock on the Super Glide. Does anyone know if the hubs, rotors, and fork spacing are compatible? Can I do a straight swap, or do I have to have a custom wheel made up? Any help appreciated - thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
U and I think a lot alike. I wanted 2 have a wider wire spoked wheel/tire on the front my '06 FXST, but I didn't want 2 disassemble my 21" 2 do it in the event I would ever want 2 switch back.

As far as the SG alloy wheel fitting Ur wide glide front, I wish I was more help....I'm sure with the right spacers, U could get it 2 fit, but U may have issues with the brake rotor. All I can suggest on that front is 4 U 2 swing by a HD dealership with a tape measure.

Me...I laced a '06-below FX hub into a take-off 17" X 3" 2011 Ultra rim. The Ultra hub was the exact same diameter/width as the FX...so I was able 2 re-use the Ultra spokes...the only difference between the 2 hubs was the size of the wheel bearings and the fact the Ultra hub had bosses 4 dual rotors.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
One of the biggest things to look out for is the weight of the wheel compared to the stock fxstc laced wheel. Get too heavy and the forks will resonate causing vibration back into the bike. Source is from the engine pulses and even the stock wheel exibits this slightly. More wheel weight amplifies the fork vibration. Resonance is the actual term.
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts