V-Twin Forum banner

repairing cracked crome?

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  HarleyJoel 
#1 ·
I dropped my RKC while I was moving it in my garage. In doing this I scraped and chipped the bottom of my engine guard. Is there anyway that I can repair cracked crome, or should I just buy a new engine guard. Thanks.

#6 ·
Stay tuned to ebay... Perhaps you can find an engine guard at a reasonable price... Not like there is a big hurry to replace it anyway... Scratches and dings are going to happen and it gives the bike charactor!

#9 ·
Keep an eye on Ebay, all kinds of stuff shows up from people that are parting out a bike. I understand about wanting to replace it to keep the bike lQQking good. You can always pull the guard off and take it to a chrome shop to have it rechromed. I did that when I bought the passenger footboard extender, H-D only sells it in black. I took them to a chrome shop and for 50.00, they now look a heck of a lot better than what H-D sells.

#10 ·
Hey Saint, There are two kinds of riders out there: Those that have dropped their bikes, and those who haven't dropped their bikes YET.

At least you did it in the garage. I was meeting up with 5 other riders last August for breakfast before leaving on a 7 day trip through Canada. As we were leaving the restaurant I tipped my Glide over right in front of all of them. She was loaded to the gills for the long trip and I needed two of the guys to help me get her upright. Chit happens man.
Ken

#11 ·
I pulled into the parking lot at JR's restaurant at Laconia bike week in 2001. Bikers all over the place. Pulled up the fence, stopped and hit the front brake like a rookie. Down we went. I managed to get off the bike and my wife was laying there asking me if it was ok for her to get off now.
The only damage was to my ego and also my right leg. The temperature was in the high 90s and like a dummy I was wearing shorts. My leg looked like fried bacon.

#12 ·
Yeah, just let it go. I've got the same scratches on the left side of mine where I stalled the bike just before a left turn. I had a huge audience of summer traffic too. A couple of people stopped to ask if I was alright and if I needed help but I got it back up myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.