V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the front and rear turn signals on my 2002 Fatboy and was curious about what to do about the wiring? Cut the wires and tape them off, remove it? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Trace 'em back to the connector and take them out of it. You might need a special tool, but you can usually get the job done with a paper clip.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
On the new connectors you can take the body apart and remove the terminal end complete. Pull off the rubber seal and then pry the orange part out. After that its just use a small screw driver and you will be able to do the job neatly. You can also get the little white plugs to fill the void so it will still be water tight.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Yep, just what these quys said. If you ever want to put them back on, it will make the job easier.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
fatboy2,

I'm trying to figure out how to move my front signals off of the handlebars & down onto the forks. Is that where you are planning on putting yours & if so, how will you mount them?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

wurkenman--are the white plugs you mention a dealer item or where can I find them?

Nodoze--sorry but I'm removing rather than relocating them.

·
Out Riding
70 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how to move my front signals off of the handlebars & down onto the forks. Is that where you are planning on putting yours & if so, how will you mount them?

Check out the brackets on a night train, they come mounted on the forks

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
94c4 - Thanks for trying, but those brackets look like they are intended to mount the turn signals on a passing lamp mounting bracket. I don't intend to put passing lamps on my bike, so they wont work.

packrat - The forks on a night train are different from thos on a fat boy. The fat boy forks have a shroud that wraps around them. Attaching a clamp around a fork (like the night train) is just not possible.

What I think I'm going to try to do is remove the bolt that holds the shroud to the lower triple tree & remount the turn signal at that location, unless anyone has any better ideas?

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of. Thanks 94c4, that looks like it would be easier than what I was thinking of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.