V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if I have to remove the floor board to take these pipes off it looks like I do but before I start taking parts off I don't have to I figured I'd ask first.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Took mine off a fat boy recently. Removed floorboard, only takes a minute or two. A little tip in case you don't know already: use blue painters tape on all nearby chrome parts and on cylinder heads near exhaust flanges. Does not leave any residue.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to look at the floor board again I was thinking I had to remove the bolts to the bracket on the frame thats what looks like it is stopping front pipe from coming out.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after I read your post went back to garage removed just the floor board and pipes came out pretty easy only thing I did scratch the top fin on cylinder.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to pick up some of that painters tape I'm putting on a stock head pipe from an 05 Springer hopfully it will go on a little easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.