V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The rubber melted because the pipe was hot, get the pipe hot and wipe it off. Really it works. If it doesn't all come off, only a thin layer will be remaining, then you can use your chemicals. Careful useing a razor blade, you will scratch the pipe.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I actually cleaned all of my aluminum with laquer thinner also, just before applying a protective coating to the bike. Used it on many occasions to clean off road tar & boot marks with no ill effects.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Y'all need to go out and get a polish called Simichrome. It's German and it's works great to get rubber of metal, stains off aluminum etc. This stuff is awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I use a product called "Goof Off -2"
It works quite well and is cheap.
It also removes grease and tar.
The best part is that it neutralizes quickly and allows for a fresh coat of wax right away.
As stated before,,, I wipe the bulk off while the pipe is still hot,,,, and then hit the residue with the goof off.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Well once again I had to use Easy-Off on my pipes. And that stuff really works great. Warm up the bike, spray that crap on a rag, wipe it on and wait ten min. Gone, good bye shoe print. After being begged for a hour I gave in and gave this pain in my ass a ride. Ya she loved it, until she was getting off and in 1 quick motion, burned a nice big spot on her leg and melted her dam shoe on my V&H's. Well the pipes look great again thanks to easy-off. Her leg wasn't that lucky. Maybe now she'll stop bothering me for rides.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.