V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard would it be to remove an emblem from the front fender? It is one of the sticking kind with 3M tape on it out of the gold key package. Somehow signals got crossed and the dealer stuck it on. I am wondering if it would be worth it to remove it or just leave it alone for fear of ruining the paint.

I am picking up my bike today and am trying to decide if I should have this removed or not. It looks okay to me, OL doesn't really like it, I could go either way on it, but am looking at removing it more and more.

Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If it's the dealer's fault, have them do it. Accept no less than a perfect job.

If it's your mistake, I'd honestly live with it. Even though it was probably recently put on and would be a bit easier to remove, I'd keep it. The potential for damage is there enough for me not to want to have it removed. One other thought is to PAY the dealer to remove it. This way if there is damage, the dealer would be responsible. I think that way is a bit cheesey, as one should take what happens when they screw up. :)

I'm sure several will tell you how to easily remove this without damage, but me being the klutz that I am, I would certainly fu(k it up an ruin a new paint job.

That's my NSHO. and it's worth what you paid for it. LoL

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Dental floss!:D

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Yup, dental floss works fine. You might want to heat the emblem with a hair dryer (just a little) - it makes it come off that much easier.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the dealers fault. Big mix up somehow. I am going to have the dealer remove it.

fourhour-->dental floss??? Does that really work?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Dental Floss..

Then use some Goo Gone.. And your all set, make sure to hit it with a coat of wax then.. For little protection.

Chaz:D

·
Seasoned Rider
108 Posts
I had the same exact thing happen on my 03 FLSTFI and didn't care for it either. I told them to take it off and they did with no damage at all to the paint. The emblem is cool....just not on the front fender.
-Lubey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts