V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the inner primary seal (and any others that might cause problems while it's apart) on my 97 Ultra's Evo). I'm still waiting for my service manual, but I want to get started. I have been referred to some good posts here, and I think I understand getting the compensator sprocket, chain and clutch off together while locking up the drive, but I am not clear on my wet clutch removal? Do I need a special tool for that? I want to adjust as little as I have to after I put it back together, cause it works great now. Hopefully, the clutch comes off fully assembled? I have played guitar for 35years, and would like to keep all my fingers on my hands if possible! Thanks, Tony

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
middle toe

If I didnt almost take my middle toe off with a circular saw this past Sept, you might have thought I was kidding. I do quite a bit of recording and playing, but as you can tell, not much motorcycle disecting. I am coming from two Hondas and a Kawasaki Nomad, no disection required.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Might be helpful to get you started.

I took this on last week for the first time. Everything went really good. For me, the clutch hub removal was difficult. I have the old tapered-style Shovel shaft design. Yours should be splined. Someone prior had used the wrong sized woodruff key on mine. No pullers were successful. Heating the hub with a torch finally did it.

I could now do the entire job in less than 1/2 hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts