V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the V/H BIG SHOT exhaust. The way they are made it's not easy to remove the baffles unless you remove all clamps and heat sheilds. I have heard that you lose torque and HP. Is there any way you can jet to compensate or will you lose no matter what? Is it notice able? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
My understanding is that they are tuned for performance with the baffles and you lose noticable low end torque with baffles removed (which can't be compensated for). Have you heard the pipes with the baffles in? Others have said that they consider them to be fairly loud - louder than SE slip-ons (for reference). Which Big Shots did you get?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the original BIG SHOTS. The ones the stop about a inch or before the rear caliper and are straight cut. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have long shots which are easy to switch in and out. It runs and sounds damn good with the baffles, Without them there is a serous power drop, but they are Fuc<ing loud, but IMHO they sounds sickly sorta, but damn loud. Mine set off car alarms nearly a block away at idle. Get some ear plugs. I still take them out once in a while to go play...

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I have original big shots on a 2000 lowrider. I have removed the baffles a couple of times and did not like the way it sounded. It had a "rattling" sound on deceleration. Your pipes must be a little different, i can remove my baffles with one screw in each baffle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts