V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CROM ICE
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone took the baffles out of the V/H ovals. I have a 05 Ultra and wonder if it will screw up The Stage 1 all ready done on the 05. Fuel injection
is new to me on the Bike. Anyone got any advice.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Never done it, I'll bet it messes with the Stage 1 which is already a tad on the lean side. They'll be loud as hell and I'm pretty sure your going to kill some of your low end. If'n it was me I'd leave well enough alone, or if it was to quiet for my taste I'd find some different mufflers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I took the baffles out of my ovals and they were way too loud and they sound terrible. I too am on the quest for a little better sound but I can guarantee you that you won't be happy with the sound of the ovals without baffles.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
to me the ovals sounds great with true duals, pretty good with stock headpipes, and with no baffle sounds like a garbage can strapped on the pipes. just my .02 though i know some guys will like that sound.

·
Registered
120 Posts
GLACIER... don't do it! Generally the 'true-duals' cause more problems than not. Think about it, the rear cylinder exhaust has to make an immediate u-turn right out of the exhaust port, which in no way will match the flow characteristics thru the smooth bends of the front head exhaust. The idea is to MATCH exhaust pressures, which is somewhat achieved by the 'connected' type system already on the bike.

At the very least you will need some sort of adjustable fuel mixture device (H-D RaceTuner is THE MOST adjustable) and some dyno time to TRY and get it dialed-in. Go to the drag strip... you won't see that type of exhaust on ANY draggin dresser.

Food for thought.

HD

·
CROM ICE
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks HawgDoc i appreciate your feed back, along with everybody elses
advice. I am going to leave them and learn to enjoy the sound. It is an awesome 05 Ultra Classic, Glacier white, and chromed to the Max.. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I tried that, hated the sound, low end torque was bad. Bought some Fullsac slip-on mufflers, love them! Not too loud, nice deep rumble.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fullsac Mufflers

Got them on Ebay from Fullsac Performance located in Arizona. www.fullsac.com. Great sound and half the price of the ovals...sold them to another touring rider. Took a loss on them though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts