V-Twin Forum banner

Removed baffles bike runs like crap

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Slingshot383 
#1 ·
I've never done this forum stuff so lmk im if in the wrong group.

So i have a 2012 SG. Have v&h headers and reinhart pipes. Have a cobra fi2000 power pro. I heard i could remove the baffles and it auto tunes it? I removed the baffles and it seems like not too long after it started running like sh*t.... I got a BUNCH of codes. Now its mainly just the o2 sensor codes. It sputters while riding and decel pops. It'll stall ive im not giving it gas. I was told to get a new tuner and have it re tuned? The shop i took it to said they had issues with those cobra tuners. Does that sound like the right way to go? I've done plugs,air filter,cleaned the iacv or whatever it is that goes in the throttle body(clearly not a mechanic). Im thinking of forking out the 400-500 for that touch screen dynotune tuner. Any tips help. Ill be having a professional do it though. Clearly I don't know wtf im doing.

#11 ·
Do some research on-line about those Cobra tuners and find out if they really do have problems. It may be that the shop you took it to is not familiar with them.
What codes did you get? Sounds like something is still not right with the O2 sensor.
Sometimes more than one thing is wrong.
I found some things online. Could have been the shop wasn't familiar with them. Ill play around with it and may just get another tuner if it doesn't work. Going to try and call cobra as well amd see if they can help

#8 ·
Did you make any of the adjustments in the fi2000 instructions or just expecting it to know what you want? https://cobrausa-vtwin.com/site_media/uploads/pdf/products/692-1615CL.pdf

I love the way products present themselves now. "No messy downloads to deal with". That means no adjustability. The thing obviously can't manipulate spark timing since it only connects to the injectors and O2 sensors. It looks like you can only 'adjust' fuel in 3 rpm ranges, much like the old Power Commander system buttons. I would hardly call this a "autotuner".

A Power Vision would be a much better product, but it also gives you the abitlity to play with too much stuff. You need to figure out what you are trying to accomplish and then figure out the correct way to get there. The process of break this, spend money, break that, spend money, etc. will just get you an empty wallet and a pile of parts and a shitty running bike.

#9 ·
Did you make any of the adjustments in the fi2000 instructions or just expecting it to know what you want? https://cobrausa-vtwin.com/site_media/uploads/pdf/products/692-1615CL.pdf

I love the way products present themselves now. "No messy downloads to deal with". That means no adjustability. The thing obviously can't manipulate spark timing since it only connects to the injectors and O2 sensors. It looks like you can only 'adjust' fuel in 3 rpm ranges, much like the old Power Commander system buttons. I would hardly call this a "autotuner".

A Power Vision would be a much better product, but it also gives you the abitlity to play with too much stuff. You need to figure out what you are trying to accomplish and then figure out the correct way to get there. The process of break this, spend money, break that, spend money, etc. will just get you an empty wallet and a pile of parts and a shitty running bike.
No the shop said they tried to tune it with no luck. Could just be they didn't know how to use that tuner? I was afraid to mess with the tune myself. Im thinking of just getting the fp3 and messing around with it. All I want is to get it back to running the way it was before I removed the baffles. I tried putting them back in but didn't try messing with the tune. Im going to play around with it a little more. Possibly get a new tuner too if that doesnt work

#13 ·
I did that a while back and it didn't really do much. I put them back in 2 days ago and it was alot better. Didnt do anything for about 15 mins. Then it started sputtering lightly so Tuesday im calling cobra and they guy that deals with these tuners is going to help me out. Im deff leaving them in from now on.

#14 ·
Check for codes, write them down and find out what they mean, then clear them, ride the bike and see if they come back.

Reactions: WEINERDOGBONE
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.