V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran their built 96/107 B-motor without the balancer in it? I just don't want that chain to break and ball up in there cracking my case. With the build I have in it 11.5 to 1 pistons 777 Wood's cam cnc ported heads with big valves,HPI throttle body, ...ect .I want to be able to hammer it out of the hole and not break anything. I figure it will vibrate a wee bit but blueprinting the bottom end will help with that. Any info from someone who is running it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
dude you are not realizing that it keeps the harmonic vibrations. at minimum and protects the engine from catastrophic failure. for every action there is a equal and or opposite reaction. to protect the engine possibly look into gear drive?

·
Super Moderator
20,453 Posts
Has anyone ran their built 96/107 B-motor without the balancer in it? I just don't want that chain to break and ball up in there cracking my case. With the build I have in it 11.5 to 1 pistons 777 Wood's cam cnc ported heads with big valves,HPI throttle body, ...ect .I want to be able to hammer it out of the hole and not break anything. I figure it will vibrate a wee bit but blueprinting the bottom end will help with that. Any info from someone who is running it would be appreciated.
I never did it to one, but it can be done. But seriously, why would you except for a drag bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never did it to one, but it can be done. But seriously, why would you except for a drag bike.
  • I do tend to ride it like I stole it. Half the fun of the build is running her hard. I have in 40+ years of building motors only had 3 major failures. And that is well over 150 motors. (Learned from some good teachers props to them) But the harmonic vibration mellows out at increased rpm and it's not like I do the idle runs that people seem to like. Barely moving so they can say oooo lookie what I bought. More fun twisting the throttle and frying the tires fore.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Only reason not to run them is the 6200 rpm cap, mine hits that limit pretty quickly and have wondered.....what if. But hell, I am never happy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts