V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran their built 96/107 B-motor without the balancer in it? I just don't want that chain to break and ball up in there cracking my case. With the build I have in it 11.5 to 1 pistons 777 Wood's cam cnc ported heads with big valves,HPI throttle body, ...ect .I want to be able to hammer it out of the hole and not break anything. I figure it will vibrate a wee bit but blueprinting the bottom end will help with that. Any info from someone who is running it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
dude you are not realizing that it keeps the harmonic vibrations. at minimum and protects the engine from catastrophic failure. for every action there is a equal and or opposite reaction. to protect the engine possibly look into gear drive?

·
Super Moderator
19,745 Posts
Has anyone ran their built 96/107 B-motor without the balancer in it? I just don't want that chain to break and ball up in there cracking my case. With the build I have in it 11.5 to 1 pistons 777 Wood's cam cnc ported heads with big valves,HPI throttle body, ...ect .I want to be able to hammer it out of the hole and not break anything. I figure it will vibrate a wee bit but blueprinting the bottom end will help with that. Any info from someone who is running it would be appreciated.
I never did it to one, but it can be done. But seriously, why would you except for a drag bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts