V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have rush slip ons on my 07 nighttrain now.I'm thinking of going to big raidius or big shot staggered.Will i need to remap?I have a custom map on the bike now.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Nuckin Futs

Nuckin Futs said:
I have rush slip ons on my 07 nighttrain now.I'm thinking of going to big raidius or big shot staggered.Will i need to remap?I have a custom map on the bike now.Thanks for any help.

The question for you now is this. Have you changed the Intake in any way since you had your bike custom mapped? The intake is the true limiting factor. Unless the exhaust was so restrictive that it was inducing some kind of restriction in output flow. And even if the exhaust was restricting somewhat. I would seriously doubt that it was only by a marginal factor. My recommendation is to leave it alone and see how it runs for a while. If you notice a performance drop, then by all means have it remapped. Also, check the inside of the exhaust tips after you have run the engine for a while. If the color is the same as what you previously had on, then you can pretty much bet that everything is ok. Hope this helps. I am sure some others will chime in and provide their expertise. -2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts