V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really think the black plastic frame to hold the license plate is ugly, and wasn't interested in paying $250.00 for a relocation kit that wasn't even designed for a V-rod. So I spent one rainy Sunday looking through the catalogs and found a headlight mount for a softail that looked like it may work. Bought it and removed the plastic piece and think it turned out good IMO.

Next I want to change the rear turn signals out with some chrome ones. Currently am thinking about a standard HD set from a softail.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the other side

·
Registered
40 Posts
Alright it's a big picture contest. And where is your state inspection and light for your tag now? Here in Plano the boys would pull me over in a heart beat without being legal.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The inspection sticker currently is in the bag and will be transfered to a chrome plate mounted behind the license plate.

The license plate light will never exist, and I'm willing to pay the fine everytime I get pulled over for any cop willing to stop me for such a BS offense. Just like the owners who don't have front license plates on their cars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
vette

Funny you would mention the front plate, I have gotten two tickets for no front plate on my 79 vette. It has no fine with it you simply have to install the plate and appear for inspection then go home and take it back off. But I did receive a ticket on my Buell for the inspection sticker being at an angle greater then allowed, what a BS ticket that was. Plano has some good cops but it does have an anal group as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've reveived two tickets in my 99 Vette for no plate, paid the $55.00 each and moved on. The plate just breaks up the front of a beautiful nose.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Vette family,

Regarding the rear turn signals, try checking out the ones on the Deuce. I met a guy on a V-Rod who had moved the reg plate to the side, taken off the old plastic holder and rear turn signals and changed them to the Deuce. Looked good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts